Excited! Going To My First Ever Show!

Lisey

My boys breeder is taking him to Canberra for his very first show! I've never been to one before and didn't want to miss his debut :)

I've got no idea how they work lol but can't wait to watch. And hopefully meet a whole lot of other Staffords :D

It's on the 6/7th April - I've never been to Canberra before - will it be cold? :o

Could well be freezing overnight - last year was OK but two years ago we woke up to set off home on the Monday and there was ice all over the car - thought our days of that were gone :laugh:

Usually a fun weekend, be prepared to be exhausted...

Oh god!! Ice! I think I'm going to be freezing!!! Glad I've booked a motel room down the road, hopefully it has heating!!

Are you going this year with your Staffords Sandra? :)

Going to be very tired on Monday at work, I have a late flight Sunday night to get home.

Oh nice! Is the ACT a big one for Staffords? (Excuse my ignorance! Still learning)

I'm glad I've been doing a lot of 'stand' with him when we are training! Hopefully he behaves himself :)

ACT used to be a really big Stafford show, partly I suppose because it's a bit more central to Vic & NSW than Newcastle and partly because it has a great atmosphere, but in the last couple of years they've had a smaller entry than before I hope it's not going to continue this year because the committee works really hard at making a great show for all.

There were only about 80 or so shown on the Sunday last year (there were 60 entered in Durack this weekend just gone), but in years gone by it was one of the bigger shows. Melbourne a few weeks ago had just over 200 entered with not enormous numbers of absentees; the Northern NSW show in Newcastle (September) had about 20 or 30 more than this and Queensland had about the same last August.

Hope ACT's numbers go up, it deserves to be a well supported show I reckon, but of course it just depends so much on the judges the club can get.

You'll enjoy it anyway I'm sure :-)

ETA: Rainy will be there too....

Edited by Sandra777

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropped Booker off at his breeders - they are heading off EARLY tomorrow. I miss him already!! Hope he behaves himself :)

He was very excited to be back there and didn't seem to mind when I left! Too busy sniffing everyone else's crates, blankets, etc.... :laugh:

Getting very excited now!

I am very proud of Book - he did really well for his first show :D He was only a litte naughty - definitly not as bad as I thought he might be.

He was entered in the Puppy Dog class - he came 4th out of 5 dogs on Saturday and 3rd out of 3 dogs on Sunday :laugh: I think with a bit more practice and focus he will do well.

I had a great time - met some very cute doggies and got lots of cuddles with my breeder's girls which she was also showing down there.

I'm looking forward to the next - he will be going to the Qld Stafford show in August - so I've got a a few months to do some more practice with him. I think also a lot will come with maturity, I sometimes forget that he is not quite 1!

I had a really great time, don't know if I could do it myself though, I would be so nervous, so many good handlers that know exactly what they are doing. Too intimidating!! I'm happy just helping get all her dogs ready before they go out & giving them cuddles when they are done :)

I am very proud of Book - he did really well for his first show :D He was only a litte naughty - definitly not as bad as I thought he might be.

He was entered in the Puppy Dog class - he came 4th out of 5 dogs on Saturday and 3rd out of 3 dogs on Sunday :laugh: I think with a bit more practice and focus he will do well.

I had a great time - met some very cute doggies and got lots of cuddles with my breeder's girls which she was also showing down there.

Great attitude and committment.

Well done!

Great attitude and committment.

Well done!

Thanks Tralee :)