Funny Things You Have Heard About Your Breed...

SwaY

As they walked away person goes to her kids, no that's rubbish they never get fat.

What would I know then hey ???? :)

Ran into this once while walking two smooth Salukis. Guy with his wife says "are they ex-racers?"

I explained no, they were smooth Salukis. I have quick spiel for that: "just like chihuahuas and dachshunds they can be smooth or coated"

As I'm walking away, I hear the guy say "they are definitely ex-racers".

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

German Pinscher: Don't look them in the eye...(this actually started with the judges education program in the USA) :(

I had a Standard Poodle on the table yesterday...."That can't be a poodle, they don't come in that colour".

The registered Maltese I groom: No, it's too small to be a Malt...I know..I have them (malt/shiht blend)

The chihuahua I groom: No really, he's a teacup...the breeder told me. (he's the correct size for the breed.....)

Any dog: I can't feed them Roo...we don't want them to start chasing the Roos out in the paddock.

on and on and on.....

Any dog: I can't feed them Roo...we don't want them to start chasing the Roos out in the paddock.

on and on and on.....

I have a customer who won't feed anything with beef because the dog will start killing cows

on and on and on.....

I have a customer who won't feed anything with beef because the dog will start killing cows

:rofl: that's tragic but hilarious.

You should say that it won't make them want to eat more of them but it may make them start sounding like them. Moooooo :laugh:

Not about any breed specifically, but I have heard people saying that if their purebred bitch has a mismating with a crossbred dog, or a dog of another breed, she is ruined for life and will never breed "pure" again...... :eek: :laugh:

on and on and on.....

You should say that it won't make them want to eat more of them but it may make them start sounding like them. Moooooo :laugh:

i tried to explain that they dont know that the things walking around taste like the stuff from the shop. but nope, i have no idea...

on and on and on.....

i tried to explain that they dont know that the things walking around taste like the stuff from the shop. but nope, i have no idea...

I have had people look shocked when I tell them mine get roo and rabbit - but they will start hunting by themselves......I usually say nope, they like the meat but don't know whats under the wrapping!

I know of a person who had a GSD bitch speyed once as she got mated by a crossbreed who jumped the fence as she would never breed pure again. I said okay if you have a baby to a black person and you are white then the baby will have dark skin yes? Yes they agreed. If you then have a baby with a white person you will have a white baby yes as the father is white, not your previous partner?? Yes they agreed.

Same with your dogs, the sperm do not survive longer than a few days, certainly not from one season or mating to the next. Nope wouldn't believe me...................

Edited by OSoSwift

When I had my Akita and he was 9 week pup who was in all the time and I answered knock on door from ranger who said was a complaint about my constantly barking dogrofl1.gif who had done one tiny bark that I had ever heard... Even as adult true to breed rarely let of a bark and you knew something was up when it happened! I told him it was impossible not my dog... He asked to see it as my little guy walked to the door he went 'oh' and asked me what sort of breed. I told him and he said they mostly are a terrible and aggressive breed and walked away...

Border Collies should NEVER live in suburbia, they are only happy on farms.

Yeah RIGHTlaugh.gif

I get that one. I have a show line BC who is a couch potato and very happy and I get that sort of comment all the time - "They should only be working on farms, they need to be herding sheep to be happy" etc etc.

Border Collies should NEVER live in suburbia, they are only happy on farms.

Yeah RIGHTlaugh.gif

I have had the very same thing said to me a number of times. Also that I was being very "cruel" for keeping Border Collies in suburbia as they are breed to chase sheep on a farm in the country. Hmmm....... whatever !!!

As I cast my eye's over my guys. They are both passed out in front of the TV with us in the lounge room in their bean bags. They are still getting over our 7 week camping trip. I'm a cruel woman :laugh:

Edited by BC Crazy

• 2 weeks later...

Love this thread!

We Havanese exhibitors get "I've got one of those at home" and "We had one of those when we were kids" all the time. We explain that it is unlikely/not possible very kindly. They usually INSIST that they have the exact duplicate of one of our dogs at home, and produce a photo of a boogle eyed, undershot, short muzzled, chondrodysplastic, round headed shih-tzu x (or similar) and hold it next to my beloved Magic (Ch Cubet Abracadabra) and exclaim "see - they are IDENTICAL". Pass me the tissues and a sedative :(

Another gem I have heard:

- A pup feeding off a bitch of a different breed will forever be a crossbreed. ( I ask the same people, holding their latte, when they expect to turn into a cow, and they just look at me blankly LOL)

That Pointers should be high stepping.......so they dont disturb the grass and frighten the Quail.........mind you the Standard says....definately not hackneyed gaited

Bahaha. No blade of grass is disturbed when a Pointer is in the ring eh?

I often get asked if my dally is as big as she's going to get (she's small but very well within standard height and a healthy 21kg). They think Dalmatians are huge or something? Of course I get the "dallies are hyper" or "stupid". She proves them wrong.

I sometimes wonder if people get harlequin great danes and dals confused - my grandma did. She thought my pup was going to come up to my hips when fully grown!

That Pointers should be high stepping.......so they dont disturb the grass and frighten the Quail.........mind you the Standard says....definately not hackneyed gaited

Bahaha. No blade of grass is disturbed when a Pointer is in the ring eh?

Hi,

But what is even funnier.....is if the person who sprouts this dribble ever took their dogs out to work Quail.....the first thing you notice is the dogs run full tilt gallop, so lots of grass being disturbed.......and the only thing that frightens the Quail is when you almost step on them....LOL