Recommended Gold Coast Kennels

kelpie mum

Having very recently moved to the GC and needing to board my kelpie for 4-5 days soon I'd love your experiences and recommendations (or otherwise) re GC kennels please. My kelpie is a very friendly, happy, not fussy dog who loved going to the previous kennel in Vic, largely bec he got to play with other dogs for several hrs a day I think.

Thanks in advance for sharing your good, bad and ugly stories and helping me choose:)

The only one I am happy to leave my dogs with is http://www.abbeyards.com.au, they are at Mudgeeraba. The kennels are air-conditioned, and sound proof so if dogs are afraid of storms they cant hear them.

Plus the dogs get out four times a day, the exercise yards are not huge but they are ok.

I highly recommend them, only down side is they are not cheap

Forgot to mention they don't put people dogs together unless they come from the same house hold. Alidas is my second choice and they have huge exercise areas and do run dogs together.

Welcome to the Gold Coast

Edited by mish13

• 11 months later...

We use the AAA pet motel at Mudgeeraba; it was super clean, friendly and very affordable.

They have lots of large play yards and beautiful rooms some with lounge suits and TV.

I have used a couple of place that were recommended to me and could not find what made me feel comfortable or welcome.

My Vet ended up telling me of AAA pet motel and I have never looked back, my sally has been there more than 5 times and she always looks good and smells great (that was my biggest complaint at other places).

I would highly recommend AAA pet motel

www.aaapetmotel.com.au

Jenny Bell

There VIP rooms are fantastic but expensive, but there general rooms are terrible, they are locked in a soundproof room in small runs. That’s why we looked around.

My suggestion is pay the extra at the Barkroyal or look at the AAA pet motel.

Jenny Bell