Meet Oliver... The New Foster

westiemum

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone - its starting to sink in that he's moving on...frown.gif I just keep telling myself he needs his own home and this is perfect for him.

Yes its a really good match - just going to be hard to see the little munchkin leave late Saturday morning.

Thanks everyone - its starting to sink in that he's moving on...frown.gif I just keep telling myself he needs his own home and this is perfect for him.

Yes its a really good match - just going to be hard to see the little munchkin leave late Saturday morning.

It will be hard. But take heart in knowing how happy he is going to be and going to make another couple.

Thanks ness - yes of course you're right - I have to recognise that having four dogs and just me here is too many (in fact three westies is too many but that's another story...) -- once a westie falls off their twig I'll leave it a two so I can easily foster another one...

Hugs but it will definitely be for the best and I am sure the westies will be glad to have their mum back and not have to share with the "intruder".

Edited by westiemum

Thanks DD - yes I can't think of anyone I'd rather him go to and the timing is right since they've lost their dog recently.

So his bed and toys are washed and dry, he has a big square pillow and a new Ikea blanket to take with him and some food and the remainder of his heartguard to tide him over and all of his paperwork is ready to go. His collar and lead are ready to roll on the hall table. He's had a bath this morning with Dermagic and is almost dry already and looking and smelling marvellous! He certainly is a wash and wear boy!

So we 're now waiting for his new Mum to arrive between 11.30 and midday... and I'm doing housework to keep busy.... this is right... all will be well! smile.gif

It will be hard. But take heart in knowing how happy he is going to be and going to make another couple.

Edited by westiemum

Thanks DD - yes I can't think of anyone I'd rather him go to and the timing is right since they've lost their dog recently.

So his bed and toys are washed and dry, he has a big square pillow and a new Ikea blanket to take with him and some food and the remainder of his heartguard to tide him over and all of his paperwork is ready to go. His collar and lead are ready to roll on the hall table. He's had a bath this morning with Dermagic and is almost dry already and looking and smelling marvellous! He certainly is a wash and wear boy!

So we 're now waiting for his new Mum to arrive between 11.30 and midday... and I'm doing housework to keep busy.... this is right... all will be well! smile.gif

Oh my - I have a picture in my mind of little Oliver standing waiting at the door with his little bag packed and all ready to go. Brings a tear to my eye but so happy to think he may have a good home to go to. :thumbsup:

1370662344[/url]' post='6221951']
1370650681[/url]' post='6221879']

1370519153[/url]' post='6221007']
1370517138[/url]' post='6220980']

Oh my - I have a picture in my mind of little Oliver standing waiting at the door with his little bag packed and all ready to go. Brings a tear to my eye but so happy to think he may have a good home to go to. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rosetta, the only thing wrong with your picture is he was at the door with a huge trunk, not a little bag! I had a call at 6 pm last night and all 'very happy' - he was happily snoozing on the neighbours lap already over a cup of tea! laugh.gif

:rofl: sounds like he has fallen on "hard times". What a hardship for the poor boy snoozing on the neighbours lap over a cup of tea.

Jokes aside sounds like he has found a fantastic home and will be spoiled rotten :thumbsup:.

:rofl: sounds like he has fallen on "hard times". What a hardship for the poor boy snoozing on the neighbours lap over a cup of tea.

Jokes aside sounds like he has found a fantastic home and will be spoiled rotten :thumbsup:.

Thanks ness, yes i hope so - the next two weeks will tell...

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. Olly has absolutely fallen on his paws. The retired couple he is trialling with absolutely adore him - and he is not usually a fan of small dogs but he loves Olly! And he goes everywhere with her, sitting up like Jacky in the back of the car. Slight backwards step with the housetraining but all good now - all it took was a quick refresher session last Friday night and he's back on track. Did brilliantly with all the grand children and passed muster at their vet. He's an amazing little man.

I'll call them again on the weekend to confirm he's staying - but I'm 99% sure Olly's found himself the most brilliant forever home! I still can't quite believe it - it all happened so fast! I'm still a bit teary but soooo pleased for the munchkin. He so deserves a home like this. thumbsup1.gif