Country Pound Pups - 15 Of Them! 18 Now

We were contacted by the lovely and extremely hard working ninahartland recently about pups in various NSW country pounds - and we agreed to take them on.

The wonderful Rhonda and her son Marshall made the incredible trek to the various pounds (and one surrender stop) and brought us 15 pups yesterday!

We have the following...

5x "mastiff" cross kelpie - 4F, 1M - approx 6-7 weeks old (not sure about the "mastiff", they are pretty tiny) - from Narrandera pound

3x cattle (tall style) - 2F, 1M - 2 red, and 1 blue stumpy tail - approx 8-10 weeks old - from Narrandera pound

2x Pei x - 2M - about 4.5 months old - from Temora pound

1x Rotti x M - about 5 months old - from Temora pound

2x ACD - 1M, 1F - about 6 weeks old - surrendered near Wagga

1x GSD x - F - about 12-14 weeks old - possibly deaf - dumped in night pen at West Wyalong pound

1x kelpie x - F - about 8 weeks old - dumped in night pen at West Wyalong pound

The only pups I haven't got a pic of are one of the Pei x pups (he looks the same as his brother, but has a really big white bib) and the Rotti x pup.

Anyways - here are pics of the puppies - please excuse the fact that some are in pens - we were rotating them in and out of the exercise runs all day, and I got lazy with the camera.

3x cattle from Narrandera - no names yet

29-03-2013-country15004.jpg

2x ACD surrenders - Bonnie and Clyde

29-03-2013-country15006.jpg

GSD x from West Wyalong - Gemma

29-03-2013-country15009.jpg

Kelpie x from West Wyalong - Tarni

29-03-2013-country15017.jpg

5x "mastiff" x kelpie from Narrandera - no names yet

29-03-2013-country15021.jpg

Pei x from Temora - this is Pluto - his brother Percy looks exactly the same but has a really large white bib

29-03-2013-country15025.jpg

... and a couple of gratuitously cute pics of a coupe of the "mastiff" x pups... because I can... *grin*

29-03-2013-country15037.jpg

29-03-2013-country15044.jpg

The "mastiff" x pups are all around 1 to 1.5kgs at this point... maybe they will get big, maybe not...

T.

Edited by tdierikx

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Bonnie and Clyde in my bedroom right now... *grin*... and we are going to be doing couch cuddles soon...

They travel well too - settled down in the travel crate and went to sleep like little pros on the way home. Not a peep from them the whole trip.

I have Percy and Pluto (Pei x pups) in the big puppy enclosure (they have their very own shed in the enclosure with a big beddie, lots of bedding, and toys all over the place) in my back yard also... and I'll be bringing home the 5 "mastiff" x pups tomorrow as well.

I will be in puppy addict heaven this time tomorrow... lol!

T.

Bonnie and Clyde feel like kittens or bunnies, not pups :love:

Percy is perfectly named. He looks like he's wearing a dinner suit, very formal Percival! He and Pluto are very Pei in their prancing and love a snuggle :)

Spoilt for puppies in this street - hope they stick around long enough to play with mine!

Wow - these just broke my heart. Such gorgeous pups, such shit owners. Percy just completely 'cuted' me out and Tarni - is she the Kelpie X female 8 weeks? She has the look in her eyes that I SO want for my 2nd dog. That alert look that you know they want to SO please and learn and love. Wish she was closer so I could meet her as she looks just ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Wow - these just broke my heart. Such gorgeous pups, such shit owners. Percy just completely 'cuted' me out and Tarni - is she the Kelpie X female 8 weeks? She has the look in her eyes that I SO want for my 2nd dog. That alert look that you know they want to SO please and learn and love. Wish she was closer so I could meet her as she looks just ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You might just need to make the trek VoodooKitten... it will be worth it.. *grin*

Gorgeous babies :love:. Hope they have all been vaccinated and are quarantined.

Take it as read Clover - we have done this once or twice before, and aren't about to jeopardise their health or that of others.

Ohhhhh, I've been so worried about them all. They seemed to be everywhere!

Fantastic news, thanks for your great work!

You are very welcome Burkes... they are all very nice pups and are a complete delight.

T.

Just when I thought there could be no more cuteness ... up came the pic of Percy. :)

I can't speak more highly of the work that NSWAR does with puppies rescued from pounds. They have all the vet necessities in place, as well as the facilities.

Cream on the cake, is that they immediately start on what's the opposite of puppy-farming ... the puppies are loved up close & personal, with heaps of socialization, and, for their stage, exposed to a lifestyle where they thrive & grow.

:thumbsup:

Edited by mita