Animal Welfare To Monitor Farms With Drone

mixeduppup

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's put the nutters to good use and get them out in the paddocks and yards to muster. They'll be too tired to carry on their crap and might learn to appreciate how valuable working dogs are and the dangers involved in handling live stock, a few kicks to the head might knock some sense into some of them

Hey where can you get them?

how much do they cost?

my friend just had another 20 head of cattle dissappear from her place, the losses have gone over a 100 now, (at $550 to $1000 a head its beyond a joke) she knows who is taking them, she has tracked them to the section of fence they keep cutting and rejoining but... I had just that idea to hire one of those realestate drones to find and photograph the cattle on the place she believes are are now awaiting shipping out but he wanted $1,400 to get there, and photograph the cattle. what a wizz if she could buy her own and check her stock with it and of course the duffers place without having to drive or walk where she cant, to check thousands of acres...

What a great idea

Edited by inez

Why would they care so much if they aren't doing anything wrong?

Would you care if you were being filmed without consent on your own property? I know I would... regardless if I were doing anything wrong or not.

Then ask yourself, would you like Animal Lib filming YOU on YOUR property with YOUR animals - and making judgments about how YOU care for them?

These are crazy people with an agenda...

T.

My mums a happy nudist, now she cant even do as she likes on her own land?

Sure she has nothing to hide, but surely she does have the right not to be filmed without her consent surely?

Edited by inez

Hey where can you get them?

how much do they cost?

my friend just had another 20 head of cattle dissappear from her place, the losses have gone over a 100 now, (at $550 to $1000 a head its beyond a joke) she knows who is taking them, she has tracked them to the section of fence they keep cutting and rejoining but... I had just that idea to hire one of those realestate drones to find and photograph the cattle on the place she believes are are now awaiting shipping out but he wanted $1,400 to get there, and photograph the cattle. what a wizz if she could buy her own and check her stock with it and of course the duffers place without having to drive or walk where she cant, to check thousands of acres...

What a great idea

Any electrical model plane and helicopter store. cameras are about 50 bucks.

I know this is probably a minor point but.. Animal Liberation are not an animal welfare organisation, they're animal rights.

There is a very big difference between the two. They prove themselves to be animal rights by being willing to risk animal welfare to further their own agenda :mad

As for the privacy issue, seems pretty obvious to me. Whether or not farmers have anything to hide is beside the point- sending drones out over someone's property to take pictures is an invasion of privacy.

HA, I don't think what you've pointed out is a minor point. You're dead right. There's a difference between animal welfare and animal rights. As others have pointed out a buzzing, circling drone is more than likely to spook the animals, with the equal likelihood they could injure themselves... and/or any people working in the vicinity. A serious animal welfare issue.

Edited by mita

I know this is probably a minor point but.. Animal Liberation are not an animal welfare organisation, they're animal rights.

There is a very big difference between the two. They prove themselves to be animal rights by being willing to risk animal welfare to further their own agenda :mad

As for the privacy issue, seems pretty obvious to me. Whether or not farmers have anything to hide is beside the point- sending drones out over someone's property to take pictures is an invasion of privacy.

Not a minor issue in my eyes. You are dead right.

Not a minor issue in my eyes. You are dead right.

I totally agree with both of you. And the If you have nothing to hide argument is pretty outdated. At the risk of bringing Godwin into the discussion, Im sure plenty of people in nazi germany had nothing to hide either but was it OK that Hitler

Youth were spying on their neighbours?

And the fact of the matter is that government authorities are highly regulated. Civilians answer to no watchdogs when it comes to something like this.

Edited by raz

After watching the Animal Liberations footage on the Steggles chicken farm last night on 60 minutes & seeing the Coles RSPCA approved chicken farm, neither of which is illegal, & almost giving up eating chicken but now definitely giving up eating chicken i don't want to know what goes on on huge rural properties. :cry:

I can't cope with the stupidity, cruelty & greed that goes on with the human race.

Some of the legal, mass produced food practises make the hobby dog breeding there is such a fuss about look like a very minor matter in the overall treatment of animals.

Don't know quite what is right & what isn't anymore. Ethics & principals get into a blurred grey line at times.

she has tracked them to the section of fence they keep cutting and rejoining

LINK

LINK

LINK

Folks in this area have them everywhere - the National park near us has them scattered throughout , and some properties have all their boundary gates etc under the camera's eye !

We all walk around smiling for the camera :p

Edited by persephone

LINK

LINK

LINK

Folks in this area have them everywhere - the National park near us has them scattered throughout , and some properties have all their boundary gates etc under the camera's eye !

Ummm not sure what you're getting at, Pers. What does setting up a security system on your own property have to do with civilians flying drones over it in breach of your privacy?

LINK

LINK

LINK

Ummm not sure what you're getting at, Pers. What does setting up a security system on your own property have to do with civilians flying drones over it in breach of your privacy?

Sorry .. slightly OT , I guess..was helping inez out ...

LINK

LINK

LINK

Sorry .. slightly OT , I guess..was helping inez out ...

Hey much apprecciated.

Im emailing the links to her . marvellous. So glad I mentioned her problem

No, I understand the privacy issue, but it is a business, so I don't think it's the same as someone filming a private home.

Im sorry its a business so its okay - bullshit it is my private residence!

Comes over my place it will be shot down.

We have a hunting camera that starts taing photos when it detects movement.

My farming practices are pretty bloody good actually.

So if I check my cows three time a day, but happen to have a cow begin to calve and have difficulties inbetween, this drone can detect it and report me to the authroities. I gotta eat and sleep sometime don't I????

I have had one moron fly too low over my cattle paddock and very nearly put my cows through the fence onto a main road. I got his number, found out who it was and phoned him and gave him a bloody serve, nosy bastard. the neighbour has his own airstrip, turns right over my house to land, pisses me right off. He gets called and told I will shoot him down if he does it again. If I can see him in the cockpit, he can see me! He now turns from the otehr side.

A friend lost her horse to a broken neck after Horizon power spooked the horses while checking power lines with their jet helicopter noisy whatever thing it was.

Bloody thing would cop a bullet from a 243 if it flies over here.