R.i.p. My Beautiful Blacky

k9angel

Your Blacky was very beautiful, such a kind expression, beaut eyes, and still only young, she looks very healthy in the photos.

So sorry that she missed out on a long life. :( Many cyberhugs from me. :hug:

How do you pay proper tribute to another person's loss and grief?

How do you express your admiration and amazement at another person's ability to express, in words and deed, love and generosity and care for other people?

I can only try.

I have known Rachel for many years and yet have never met her in person. We've come close, but never actually made it.

There have been many emails and phone calls and, from Rachel's side, beautiful and thoughtful gifts, delicious batches of home made treats for my dogs, and, most treasured of all, a wonderful poem when my Mufti died.

Anyone who has been on DOL for several years would know of Rachel's ability to love totally, open her heart and home, give of her time over and over and over again.

Despite seeing terrible things in pounds and having many experiences of loss herself, she has never ever given up doing her utmost for dogs and other animals and people in need. She fearlessly took on challenges when most of us didn't even know there were challenges to be met.

Any animal who comes into Rachel's orbit is blessed.

She is one of life's special people.

Your losses have been huge, Rachel, and my heart aches for you and your boys. And for the other dogs who are experiencing the pain and confusion of loss.

Please know that we hold you in our hearts. We know you are in pain and we deeply deeply mourne with you.

Rest easy, Blacky. You were part of a special family.

How do you express your admiration and amazement at another person's ability to express, in words and deed, love and generosity and care for other people?

I can only try.

I have known Rachel for many years and yet have never met her in person. We've come close, but never actually made it.

There have been many emails and phone calls and, from Rachel's side, beautiful and thoughtful gifts, delicious batches of home made treats for my dogs, and, most treasured of all, a wonderful poem when my Mufti died.

Anyone who has been on DOL for several years would know of Rachel's ability to love totally, open her heart and home, give of her time over and over and over again.

Despite seeing terrible things in pounds and having many experiences of loss herself, she has never ever given up doing her utmost for dogs and other animals and people in need. She fearlessly took on challenges when most of us didn't even know there were challenges to be met.

Your losses have been huge, Rachel, and my heart aches for you and your boys. And for the other dogs who are experiencing the pain and confusion of loss.

Please know that we hold you in our hearts. We know you are in pain and we deeply deeply mourne with you.

I think you've really summed it up beautifully DD... everything I wanted to say too...

Rach - you are one of those people that makes others better people just by knowing you.

T.

I can only try.

Please know that we hold you in our hearts. We know you are in pain and we deeply deeply mourn with you.

I think you've really summed it up beautifully DD... everything I wanted to say too...

Rach - you are one of those people that makes others better people just by knowing you.

T.

EXACTLY, DD

She is amazing ...

I can only try.

Well said DD, Rach is a truly remarkable and passionate person. Any dog that comes into her care will be so loved and made to feel very special.

Sorry to hear thIS Rach Thinking of you *hugs* x

RIP Blacky rainbowbridge.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

My heart is breaking for you at the loss of your beautiful girl. :cry: I know only too well the pain you are feeling after losing my precious Brianna in February at the age of eight years 11 months. It hurts so much! :cry: Your Blacky was a very special girl and you must be absolutely devastated at her loss. Take care of yourself and let the pain of your loss take you wherever you need to go until it loses its intensity and you can think of Blacky and smile again. My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this sad time. Rest easy Blacky your job on earth is done. Good girl. Wait for your mum at the bridge.

Thankyou so much everyone for your kind words. :thanks:

Cyn, your post had me in tears. It was beautiful. Thankyou. :flower:

I picked Blacky's ashes up on Wednesday so she is home now, resting with the rest of her pack. :heart:

When I got home from the vet Jack see's the urn and says to me "I still can't believe she is gone". :cry: I replied "Same Son". :(

We sat her urn next to Whitey's and Gypsy's. :angel:

We miss her so much. I often call Cody 'Blacky' by accident. I call her Gyps too sometimes. :(

Today I was baking some peanut butter/carob bikkies for the dogs and as I did so, thought of Black. That's all she ate for the last week and a half of her life. She refused everything else, even roast chicken! and would only eat my bikkies. So I baked and baked batch after batch for her. She'd get them for brekky, for lunch and for dinner, and always ate them, God love her. She loved them and I loved making them for her. I knew from the moment she went down, that it was serious and that our time together was limited, especially when she lost use of her front legs too, so I just did what I could to make her happy and comfortable with the time we had left and if that meant eating peanut butter and carob biscuits, so be it.

Yesterday was sad, Bailey kept calling Logan and Luki "Blacky". :(

Then Codes (Takoda) was sleeping flat on her back as she does and Jack comes to me looking all worried telling me to come and look at her. He asked what she was doing (she's a deep sleeper and hard to wake up sometimes so he thought the worst), I woke her up reassuring him that she was ok and only sleeping.

Seems I am not the only one who has become paranoid after all our losses. Poor Jack :(

I thought the same the other night when I went out to check on Zue and he was fast asleep under the stars. I called to him but he didn't wake or move. I feared the worst and I swear for a second, my heart stopped. :(

I ran to him calling him and he finally put his head up. The relief I felt...

I gave him the biggest hug.

Edited by k9angel

Just want to say I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful dog, Blacky. Your tribute to her was extremely moving and filled with the love you felt for each other. My heart goes out to you and your family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...