Washing Machine

goldenluv

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I could not find it.

I need a new washing machine and am wondering what other dog people have and are they happy with there machine?

I would like my next one to handle the dog hair a bit better, as in getting it off the clothes

and I'm thinking that I'll go back to a top loader

Hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend :-)

this is a photo of my boy after his busy Easter weekend :-)

post-32672-0-46213100-1364781603_thumb.jpg

Not happy thank you for asking!

Fabulous glossy Electrolux - cleans the dog hair great. Smears it evemly all over the clothes. To add to the insult the difficult to access drain gets clogged constantly.

Stay away!!

When my trusty old F&P toploader died I got a front loader & bloody hated the thing. When I separated I couldn't tell him fast enough how much I'd love to leave him the washing machine :rofl: ......... and promptly went out & got another top loader F&P. I wash salon towels in it sometimes and even after that my clothes aren't hairy! My old F & P washed literally tons of dog hairy salon towels and never in it's 18 yrs of faithful service did it break down (except for about a week after I got it my then Irish Setter juvenile delinquent chewed the cord back to a stub so it always had an extension cord with it). I moved that old F&P around the country a couple of times too!

Fisher & paykel aqua smart..... Worst machine ever! No agitator so yes you can fit the dog beds in well but when you do your own washing it ties everything up on a ball gets stuck and starts beeping so you can't do any washing when your not home, no going out to do a few things come back and its done. Only good point about it is you can stuff the dog bed in but it doesn't wash it well enough to get the hair out.

Have always had Simpson or commercial sized machines. This time I went for a direct drive (no agitator ) number from LG. It has a glass lid so you can see the clothes spin round....like anyone really cares! It has lint filters on the sides that basically need emptying every wash load...or if you have dogs that shed...each cycle. Good economy on water but I do a rinse on really dirty clothes before wash, so purpose defeated. It does the job, but I do not have shedding dogs.

If I had large breed bedding or a shedding dog Id be investing in a strong commercial machine with a decent gearbox, agitator & wash action.

Edited by redangel

Fisher & paykel aqua smart..... Worst machine ever! No agitator so yes you can fit the dog beds in well but when you do your own washing it ties everything up on a ball gets stuck and starts beeping so you can't do any washing when your not home, no going out to do a few things come back and its done. Only good point about it is you can stuff the dog bed in but it doesn't wash it well enough to get the hair out.

+ 1 I hate mine !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad

Hi Tara8430,

the secret with the washine machine is to fully load it each time you do a wash. Mine's the same - it tangles clothes if it's not fully laden. We have a front loading Bosch and I love it. It's very gentle on clothes and creates very little lint. It's not Australian made but it's a good machine.

We had a large simpson top loader for very many years. I would have bought the same model if I could get one now.

Barbara B

Hi Tara8430,

the secret with the washine machine is to fully load it each time you do a wash. Mine's the same - it tangles clothes if it's not fully laden. We have a front loading Bosch and I love it. It's very gentle on clothes and creates very little lint. It's not Australian made but it's a good machine.

We had a large simpson top loader for very many years. I would have bought the same model if I could get one now.

Barbara B

If you do this you end up with sheets with dry patches on them. I have had a new mother board put in mine which allows more water in the machine, but it still happens. I was told the other day that the Good Guys are not stocking them any more because people are so dissatisfied with them. If a customer really wants one, they will order it in.

thanks for your responses

I have been looking at the

10kg Top Load Fisher & Paykel Washing Machine WA1068G1

and

Samsung 10KG Top Loader White WA5471ABW

anyone know of these or how good or bad they are?

The thing I grew to hate most about my front loader is that I ALWAYS find one last thing I want to chuck in, in that first few minutes after you start the machine.....and that just isn't possible with a front loader! It drove me mad :(

I'll go and have a look what model me F&P is.

ETA..model WA70T60GW1

Edited by alun

I am another one who hates their Fisher and Paykel toploader that is supposed to wash up to 10 kilos. I hate it, hate it, hate it. It tangles the washing, it tears clothe,s it catches clothes in the agitator. It doesn't empty properly, if I could afford a decent new washing machine I would be rid of this one like a shot. DO NOt buy an F & P!!!!!

In fact I would never ever recommend F & P products to anyone. I have their Fridge - it is a nightmare, and have worked in a place that had 4 of their dishwashers that didn't wash or dry even the basics like cups and mugs.

wow I'm on my second F&P smartdrive top loader and never had a problem! First one finally spat it after 18 yrs, got a front loader which I hated for a number of reasons and couldn't go buy another F&P fast enough!

I'm a top loader fan. Had a front loader once and no way will it happen again!

We have just moved and I bought a late modal F&P (with the agitator)and am glad I left the LG behind. The LG had a few quirks- including some inlet filters that had to be cleared frequently and required the machine to be moved out in order to do so. One of those filters was not even mentioned in the instructions and it took some doing to sort out the problem Grrrr..... LG after sales service is the pits!!!

I think F&P might be on a come-back as I'm happy with it after avoiding them over the last few years due to adverse reports.

We have a 10kg LG top loader no agitator that we wash dog towels and bedding in and it does a great job however our dogs are not large shedders. It is just over twelve months old and is super quiet and gets a good work out daily. Prior we had a smaller Samsung and that was good.

Edited by PRADA68

We have a Samsung front loader and its awesome! Love love love it! It's 6 years old, does at least 1 load a day and gets the dog hair and lint off really. If I leave a tissue in a pocket I never get tissue coated clothes. I'm not sure where it all goes as we've never had to clean out the lint tray :confused: can only assume the elves that live in it are super helpful :rofl: I will never go back to a top loader-our clothes last longer and don't get stretched