Montes Decline - When Is It Time?

~Anne~

I am so so sorry Anne. :(:cry:

Please know you are in my thoughts tonight. :hug:

He was gorgeous and very lucky to have you as his owner. :heart:

From one grieving pet owner to another, huge hugs and strength to you. It hurts, I know. :cry:

Run free gorgeous little Man. xxx :rainbowbridge:

That's an amazing head tilt, almost upside down!

Anne, Monte is gorgeous. He looks like an adorable little man and I know some pugs up by the bridge who will love snuffling with him and will make him part of their pack :rainbowbridge:

So sorry you've had to go through all this with Monte, poor little fellow and your poor heart. You have been totally devoted to his welfare for so long, he was lucky to have such a loving family. It will leave a huge hole in your heart and your life going forward will be different, it's all a huge adjustment but if you had to do it all again, you would. Hugs to you.

Thank you everyone. Today was the the first morning in over 9 years that I have woken up in my own home without the 'Monte alarm clock'.

I would like everyone to know that your words really do offer comfort. They really do. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maeby Fünke

Thank you all. My teddy bear suffered seizures non-stop through the day. They kept him heavily sedated and even administered an anti inflammatory in case it was a tumour on his brain to see if we could give him some respite. He looked exhausted and dazed. We gave him his wings this afternoon.

My life for 9 years has revolved around this little pug. I'm up before dawn 365 days a year medicating him come rain, shine or hangover. Im home by 5.30pm every day or my husband (or a family member is) to ensure his 12 houly medication cycles are never disrupted. He's had me crying with exhaustion with his regular 4am wake up calls and he has exhausted pet sitters with this too. His pig squealing noises at dinner time drove everyone crazy and I'm sure the neighbours imagined I was torturing him every day. He restlessly went in and out of the dog door 24/7 and i lived and breathed the thwump, thwump, thwump of that door swinging back and forth. He ate the pebbles in the hard and chewed up many of my pot plants. His insatiable appetite saw him eat a packet of worming tablets and his penchant for twigs and rocks had me stressed on many occasions. He licked every surface of the house and my legs and feet.

My life as I have known it for just over 9 years is no longer. God I loved this little guy. So many people over the years made hurtful comments about giving him his wings just because he had epilepsy. But he loved life and he was loved so very much. He enjoyed it until recently.. When I arrived back at the hospital this afternoon he had just had another massive seizure. My poor little boy. :cry: this is why having pets is so hard. A part of my life has disappeared. A big part in a little hairy, shedding, snorting naughty cuddly pug.

Oh, I have just read this... I just want to say how sorry I am for your loss. Hugs to you.

What a beautiful photo.