Easter Brags!

Nevafollo

So easter is a busy time for us showies... with the royal and lots of specialty shows. So my question to DOL'ers, how did you go? Lets have abit of a brag fest!

I only did the Royal with my Pointer boy konrad as there arnt many other gundog specialties on around that time of year (next year hopefully there will be a breed specialty) BUT he showed his pants off and picked himself up a Reseve dog challange!

My little griffon Neville had a very busy time, he won jnr in show at the country griffon club show, he then won a large BOB (21 griffs entered) at the 4p's toy dog show and was short listed with only 4 others for BEST IN SHOW! I was over the moon, he then went on to win his class at the royal which is all I wanted from him seeings hes only in jnr :-) He also picked up a DCC at the flat face toy show!!! All in all a very sucessful week and abit :-)

Next year I hope to have Neville and maybe Konrad in rally-o and agility at the royal!!!

I went to Mt Gambier and titled my very first home bred champ, Trisven Bad Moon Rising "Bazinga". Was awesome! :thumbsup:

My absolute highlight for the weekend, however, was my 7 year old daughter improving her handling out of sight with her own little Fauve puppy. Fauves are stubborn little turds to show (like most scenthounds) but McKenzie & Mike are really starting to work well together and, best of all, are having a great time together doing it! :thumbsup:

I'm handling a young rough collie that belongs to my friends, I want more experience as a newbie and they wanted their dog shown!

Anyway, it was his 2nd ever show on Friday (at a couple of days over 6 months old) and he got reserve challenge, RUBOB and also Minor in Group!!! I was very excited, a great experience for me (and a confidence booster!); and his owners were absolutely thrilled!!!

Hamish didn't do so well, but he had a nice day out!

I visited the wonderful but hot Township of Bundaberg QLD and enjoyed the hospitality and shows put on by the canine club there over Easter. Very impressed with my mini poodle girl who managed to get Best of Breed and Junior in show on saturday night open show, following up with just a First placing on Saturday as tail was down,really feeling the heat as being Group 7 we always end up last on in the rings and somehow always at hottest part of day 12 - 1pm not good for dogs or humans :(

But she stood out once again in sweltering heat on Monday lunch time to take BOB/Bitch Challenge and State Bred in Group, first time ever in General specials so another learning curve for us both, no luck this time but happy to have won what we did :)

post-34794-0-89168200-1364988271_thumb.jpg

Saturday we ventured out and won a 16pt BOB with our GSP girl (and shortlisted for ABiG) and 9pt Dog CC with our boy as well as BOB weimaraner with a dog Im showing at the moment, Sunday BOB weimaraner again and handled a friends bitch (only handled her for BOB and group) won 16pt BOB and shortlisted for group (her daughter won IiG under a breed enthusiast!) and Monday- Dog and Bitch CC GSP again- 17pt BOB (TITLED!!!! YAY) and Australian Bred in Group as well as RUBOB Weim.

6 weeks off now while work takes precedence- then every 2nd weekend til I cant take working weekends anymore lol

We went to Port Pirie, picked up 33 points with a dog that needed 46 points of his Grand, so much closer, got my 8 month old bitch over 1/2 way to her title, got a Aust Bred in group, and Intermediate In group and a Minor Puppy In Group.

We went to wet Mt Gambier.

Fleur was the only bitch so she came home with 30 points.

Billy didn't do so well only one in his class.

Ziggy came home with 4 out of 5 BOB's (10points each) so home with 40 points, now 50 points closer to his Grand title.

Nothing in group for us.

Ziggy participated in the Irish Brace with BilboBaggins's Cavalier-Finn. They moved very well together for the first time they did this together. Didn't get a placing but many people said we should of.

BB

we headed off to the lowchen specialty... our homebred girl Darkrai Twisted Sunshine (Twist) won BABY IN SHOW at the AM specialty show this is her 2nd show ever!! Her mum Ch Saginor Slightly Sinful won best Clipped off both shows and my Rent a lowchen who I show Tilcha Macho Man won MINOR IN SHOW both shows making it 3 in 2 weeks

My show news from the weekend my older boy Blitz went best of breed and best of group both days at the North Canterbury Kennel Association champ shows and the second day he also went open in show, my younger dog Maverick got 1 puppy of breed and 3rd in puppy stakes. The australian judges that did the group judging were so nice

Not really a brag, but, I entered the Sydney Royal with my first homebred weimaraner longhair. We successfully provided the mornings entertainment as he was very HAPPY, but also very naughty in the ring, probably made worse by my not so great handling skills. Even the judge was having a giggle at him. I was quite embarrassed by his antics, however looking on the bright side of it he was so happy at the royal, nothing fazed him. He's not quite 7 months old and handled it so well, the rides the atmosphere the people, everything. He was the only one in puppy so had to go back for group specials the next day.... I am pleased to say that he was much better behaved the following day.... which was good as there were heaps more people watching!!!

I won Opposite Baby and Baby In Show at the Whippet Club of NSW.

I also raised the bitch who went opposite to my baby boy and her litter sister that placed second behind her

My Ausbred bitch won her class at the Sighthound show and placed both days at the Specialty.

We did the 12 hour drive to Sydney Royal :) It was well worth it, our Dogue De Bordeaux did well across all the classes we had entries in, our stand out performance was our young boy of 17mths going Runner up Best of Breed.

Even better we handled his litter sister to Bitch challenge! A big credit to their sire our imported boy from France and also following in their mummy's footsteps whom we raised/showed and co-owned was a Royal BOB and RuBOB winner herself. We were very happy campers!!

We were thrilled to hear that the Dogue we went Runner up too also went onto to take the Group 1st. Big achievement for our breed and such positive recognition for a breed whose numbers in the show ring are constantly increasing and so is the quality of the dogs.