Food Aggression Towards The Cats

CollieChaos

Well, so glad I wasted time in several of your threads trying to be supportive of you when you got your back up about responses you got CC :D

this prompted me to have a search of CC's threads, and I looked at about 3 or 4 of them , and I'm really surprised she thinks she hasn't got any useful info from here. And indeed I saw you respectfully responded in all of them SG :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so glad I wasted time in several of your threads trying to be supportive of you when you got your back up about responses you got CC :D

this prompted me to have a search of CC's threads, and I looked at about 3 or 4 of them , and I'm really surprised she thinks she hasn't got any useful info from here. And indeed I saw you respectfully responded in all of them SG :)

I thought the same thing Raineth. I particularly thought the grooming thread was pretty useful, for me too :)

I wonder what this poster would think if while she was eating a lovely dinner, I came over, invaded her personal space and with my fork started eating her meal?

When she looks at me and says "excuse me" I ignore her and instead move closer into her personal space and continue.

Please consider the great advice you have been given.

I will finish with a tragic true story of a lady in exactly your situation.

Dog and cat are great friends (as are yours) though in the same situation (which had been ignored) the dog attacked the cat. The cat was rushed to the vet though sadly died from his injuries.

The lady was so upset and distressed she drove her dog to the pound and surrendered him.

The following morning she realised her mistakes and returned to the pound to pick up the dog she loved so much.

He had already been pts as an owner surrendered dog who had killed a cat.

It was devastaing for everyone involved and this lady will never forgive herself.

You could try counter-conditioning the dog to the cat approaching. Theoretically.

Results may vary.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well said !!!

I feel very sorry for the pup ass it is going to be blamed

for the cats bad manners and lack of respect.