Deaf And Blind Koolie

This poor dog breaks my heart he's on that lovely site ppl sell everything on we all love so much. Free to good home.. He looks young and beautiful. Poor baby :cry:

I know it's a long shot but had to ask... His DOB is 1/12/2012 just a baby

This is what' the say about him:

URGENT

Hi everyone, we have a beautiful (Koolie-breed) pup named Dice that is looking for a home.

Sadly he is blind and deaf BUT he is such an affectionate dog. He is great with kids and other dogs. He is very smart, and gets around on his own as he is aware of his surroundings once he is settled at a place. He would make a great companion or lap dog for the right person. If you know of anyone that can give him a home please, please please let me know. When you see him, you'll fall in love with him straight away.

I am doing everything I can to avoid Dice getting put down.

Feel free to pass this on. Thank you ♥

My heart went out to this poor chap, I have emailed Coolie Rescue but as anyone knows it is a huge call to consider what is a very disabled dog. Potential for rehoming is not great.

He does look like a sweetheart, this is very heartbreaking and I was worried what could potentially happen to him. Heartless owners, giving him away with his special needs, they'd be all he's ever known.

Koolie Rescue does not take dogs as disabled as this because we cannot rehome him and cannot affford to be a dumping ground for other people's bad decisions. While we have in the past found homes for dogs who were blind or were deaf - nobody wants to take a dog who is both. He is the result of merle to merle breeding and possibly the whole litter were like this. If we take dogs like this it means we have to say no to a healthy dog in need whom we could potentially rehome. Also he is in West Australia and we have no foster carers over there - we are based on the Victoria NSW border.

Why don't people like this just do the right thing instead of trying to pass the problem on to someone else - the dog will probably just get passed around from home to home and end up PTS anyway after a lot of trauma :mad

Good point Rostetta & one I honestly didn't think about. I always think it would be so good to find a "forever home". Not what happens if they don't :(

It would be a lot of trauma even for a perfect dog with no aliments let alone one that has..... to not be able to hear OR see....

I just did a little searching because I realised I've only ever seen merle Koolies. I found breeders that state on their websites that they refuse to breed solids because they believe they are not "true koolies". If this happens so often there must be quite a lot of double merle koolies out there frown.gif

Edited by LisaCC

Good point Rostetta & one I honestly didn't think about. I always think it would be so good to find a "forever home". Not what happens if they don't :(

It would be a lot of trauma even for a perfect dog with no aliments let alone one that has..... to not be able to hear OR see....

Yes we all like to hope that there is that special "someone" out there who will step up and be selfless in taking on such a challenge. Sadly such people are very rare - poor little fella its really not fair :cry:

Sadly there are. Koolie Club policy for breeders is that only solids are bred to merles to prevent this sort of situation arising. DNA testing shows that solid koolies are just as much koolies as the merle ones.

Hmm the first Koolie breeder I found that had the "solids are not true Koolies" statement on their homepage is a member of the Koolie club.

Sadly there are. Koolie Club policy for breeders is that only solids are bred to merles to prevent this sort of situation arising. DNA testing shows that solid koolies are just as much koolies as the merle ones.

Hmm the first Koolie breeder I found that had the "solids are not true Koolies" statement on their homepage is a member of the Koolie club.

Please PM me their name and I will raise it withe the Club Committee.

Sorry this dog should be PTS not palmed off to someone else. This dog will end up crazy within a year. If you are going to breed merle to merle you need to be responsible and PTS pups this bad. If he had either sight or hearing fair enough find him a pet home but this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Also there is nothing in the code of ethics in regards to breeding merle to merle- the club recommends breeding solid to merle but any matings can still be registered. There is no penalty at all.