Another Singleton Coming My Way!

LizT

I had my Tri bitch Clover scanned today and I may make it into the April or go over to May! (due April 30th)

Clover is my keeper from the first litter I bred in September 2010. This is her first mating and I once again find my self expecting a singleton.

Crystal my Blenheim bitch (unrelated) had a singleton, Emmalee from her first mating (later having a litter of three at the repeat mating).

At least this time I am experienced with the care of a singleton pup. Fingers crossed for an outcome as happy as Emmalees was.

Got to say I'm pretty excited about the second generation factor too.

Edited by LizT

• 2 weeks later...

If it weren't for some nipple development and the fact I had her scanned I wouldn't believe Clover was pregnant. Still, a couple of weeks to go yet, so glad I had her scanned...getting a bit nervous now.

• 2 weeks later...

Her temperature dropped to 37 degrees yesterday early afternoon and we had a lot of digging and nesting in the whelping box last night. Her temp is now back up to 37.5. She is restless, happy, bagged up and has milk.

Waiting, waiting.....

Sorry meant to get back here sooner. :)

Clover had her little singleton pup yesterday afternoon by natural delivery.

He is a teeny tiny tri coloured male and weighed only 100 grams at birth. He is feeding and snuggling up well to mamma. Fingers crossed this little man thrives. :crossfingers: