Has Anyone Had Success Going Through Hollards Dispute

bianca.a

I just thought I should update :) I wrote a letter asking for his claim to be reviewed and included a letter the surgeon wrote for me....today I received a cheque for $4000!!!!!! They said as a gesture of goodwill they will pay what is a fair amount for a FHO (which would have been covered). I am so bloody estatic!!!!

Great news!

Insurance! Glad it's worked out for you. I think maybe they just try you out. A few years back I had a claim on a vehicle which was totalled. Phone call from Insurance offered me an amount. Somehow the word óffer' hit me and I said no, wouldn't accept that. Blank silence at their end. They rang back next day with a much increased offer. so I think they just try you out at times.

Thank you all! I am so very happy and the best part is they wrote that if he does need the left side done (Prob next year) if I get pre-approval they may pay the same amount. So half is way better than none!

He is doing really well, he is still not really allowed to play properly but is doing great on his walks. And now we are 'in the country' he has new friends :)

post-36665-0-06170300-1370685834_thumb.jpg

they wrote that if he does need the left side done (Prob next year) if I get pre-approval they may pay the same amount.

that's really interesting. Most of the hollards backed PDS - say that they will only pay for one whatever if the dog has two of them eg they will pay for the operation on the leg (or eye) on one side but not the other side. Eg if the left eye gets cateracts - they won't pay for cateracts to be removed from the right eye. Nuts.

Yes HUGE friends! :laugh: Mrs Rusty Bucket, I hadn't thought of that at all but you are right. I will have to check his policy details and when he does have the next surgery will send them a copy of this letter and keep my fingers crossed.

Hi Bianca - just caught up with this thread .

So sorry to hear about what's been going on.

But wonderful news that Cooper is doing so well ... and that you had a win with your insurance.

If you feel like a chat or a cuppa bring your boys out for a visit - your always welcome :)