Muralfest Lots Of Photos

Frodo's mum

every year Sheffield has Muralfest where artists from all over the place paint their murals over 6 day period.

9 finalists are picked to do this.

I live near Sheffield which is also known as the Town of Murals

I took my camera this year and took so many photos , here are a few I picked out

fingers crossed sizes don't come out HUGE as first time using the new PB

m_edit5-36-Copy.jpg

this is going into what is called Mural Park where the murals are done, Sheffield has the gorgeous Mt Roland as it's backdrop

m_murals-17-Copy-Copy.jpg

people were asked to put a pin in where they had come from to see the murals

m_murals-31-Copy-Copy.jpg

Edited by Frodo's mum

Thanks for sharing Frodo's mum.Some lovely murals many people are so talented.Beautiful scenery in the background of some of your pics............. natures own mural! :)

glad you have enjoyed looking at them , I have a few more I might post later today

I am going up this week to take some photos of them now they are finished

and will show which one won ...want to get a photo of it finished before I say smile.gif

I agree how Mt Roland gives a gorgeous backdrop as well ..even when it has snow on it laugh.gif

although next years Muralfest might be a bit darn cold as Easter isn't until end of April next year

so Muralfest runs from 20th -26th April 2014

another one of the shops here

m_edit5-54-Copy-Copy.jpg

this one is painted by a famous singer in Japan called Eason

Apparently he came over and went up to Cradle Mountain and he was due to be somewhere

and they sent a helicopter looking for him and he just loved the peace there and painted this

m_edit5-69-Copy-Copy.jpg

this one is another famous actor in Japan , he painted the wombat and his girlfriend the Panda

the flowers are his finger tips so that any of his fans can touch where he has touched

m_edit5-70-Copy-Copy.jpg

Love the new ones - thanks for posting photos of them!

We finally visited Sheffield last October - it was wee hours of the morning, as we were heading home from Wynyard and turned off on the way just to visit Sheffield and checkout the murals. Too early in the morning for anything to be open yet and there was no-one around - we spent ages just wandering around discovering murals. It was quite a magical experience :D I'll have to have look through my photos now, just to refresh my memory of our visit :)