2013 Brags Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL haven't got here yet Tassie.

My brag is that Ness at the "tender" age of 12 years 10 months completed her Track 3 today and thus finished her TD title and is now officially retired. Very much the case of great dog shame about the handler as I seemed to do everything in my power to have her fail and she still passed despite me :rofl:. That included standing over the first article for about 30 seconds before I recognised she had found an article and then me pulling her off the final t-shirt less then 3m from the end.

She has been my first dog who has dabbled in almost every dog sport over the years and has a nice string of letters after her name.

Has been thoroughly spoiled rotten tonight and had the obligatory drive through maccas mcbites on the way home from the trial. A very long day but very well worth it and so pleased with my girl.

:thumbsup: Congrats Ness, well done :thumbsup: Hope she enjoyed her Maccas treat LOL . Beautiful pic of her. She certainly doesn't look her age. Just lovely :)

Edited by BC Crazy

• 2 weeks later...

I am so frozen & exhausted, having been out in the freezing high winds, rain & icy cold, at day 1 of The Dogs Victoria State Obedience Trials today, that I MAY have already, posted this, elsewhere, by mistake. If so, hope you will forgive my shameless bragging

My 4 year old silver Standard Poodle, "ROXY", formally know as Dual CH. (O.CH.) Cosalta G'day Roxy RAE JDX AD ET, won the final run offs & the title of Victorian top Obedience Dog of the Year 2013

This is my 4th year in a row, winning the title of Top Obedience Dog in the State. The previous 3 years the finals were won by my older Poodle "VIOLET CRUMBLE"

post-39698-0-68106400-1375516299_thumb.jpg

I am so frozen & exhausted, having been out in the freezing high winds, rain & icy cold, at day 1 of The Dogs Victoria State Obedience Trials today, that I MAY have already, posted this, elsewhere, by mistake. If so, hope you will forgive my shameless bragging

My 4 year old silver Standard Poodle, "ROXY", formally know as Dual CH. (O.CH.) Cosalta G'day Roxy RAE JDX AD ET, won the final run offs & the title of Victorian top Obedience Dog of the Year 2013

This is my 4th year in a row, winning the title of Top Obedience Dog in the State. The previous 3 years the finals were won by my older Poodle "VIOLET CRUMBLE"

She worked very well Linda! Very well done and much deserved.

And we have a brag. Mr Rory managed to keep his boy brain concentration going for 1200 metres in gusty windy conditions (and a steep hill) to pass his Tracking Test 7 with a Good grade - lovely article indications on all three articles - lovely start - a few wobbles during the track - but he did enough. So subject to Dogs Tas approval, he will now be known as Dual Ch (T) Winpara Soul Dreamer CDX RAE DWDF.S HTM.S ET.

Love my lil big man. Now he can join his 'sister' playing Track & Search. :D

fantastic result CC - and I was lucky enough to see you win it last year with Violet. So nice to hand over the baton to another one of your kids. Well done

Edited by Ptolomy

And we have a brag. Mr Rory managed to keep his boy brain concentration going for 1200 metres in gusty windy conditions (and a steep hill) to pass his Tracking Test 7 with a Good grade - lovely article indications on all three articles - lovely start - a few wobbles during the track - but he did enough. So subject to Dogs Tas approval, he will now be known as Dual Ch (T) Winpara Soul Dreamer CDX RAE DWDF.S HTM.S ET.

Love my lil big man. Now he can join his 'sister' playing Track & Search. :D

champagne.gifTo Tassie and Dual CH Rory cheer.gif

fantastic result CC - and I was lucky enough to see you win it last year with Violet. So nice to hand over the baton to another one of your kids. Well done

Thank you for your very kind words. Coming from yourself, whose dogs are just magic to watch working means a lot

She worked very well Linda! Very well done and much deserved.

Thanks so very much to you & Jodie for helping tie down the OZ Trail gazebo with about 100 meters of rope to keep it from blowing away in the winds. It helped so much to have you both there. Especially as I had to go into Top Dog 1st & then return straight back in for 2nd. Very stressful! Also much appreciation to Jodie, for handling Violet for me.

Only a relatively small brag but I decided to enter Kenz in the final tracking trial for the year and this morning she passed her Track 1 with a "Good" rating. Given everything she has had to overcome just to get out there and do something it was lovely to see her having a bit of fun.

The degree of excitement when she finally reached her tracklayer was priceless.

Thanks Ptolomy and kathq. Its certainly a huge achievement for miss Kenz given all she is continuing to battle with. I am eternally grateful for a tracking judge today who took account of her limitations regarding the need to be on as early as possible. The weather was unfortunately not as cold as I might have liked so I was a little stressed as to whether she would cope but also under instruction on what to do to maximize her chance of success (no fluffing around when we set her out) and we managed it. I think I was more stressed then I might have been handling Ness but Kenz was happy to be doing stuff and that is what is most important.

Its about finding things that allow her to still use all that drive but in a way her body can cope. Tracking is one activity that has been ok'd by her medical team (and it truely is a team effort this one :laugh:), at least for the moment.

My little girl has climbed many mountains and continues to do so.