2013 Brags Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agility trial for my two yesterday. The feral 11.5 year old had a fun day - and for the first time ever, I think, managed 8 runs without any off course DQs - :laugh: . She was naughty on the weavers in one run, and naughty with the table (haven't had one for a while), and I caused a couple of bars down by bad timing, but we ended up with 4 Qs - 2 in Open Jumping, 1 in Open Agility, and best of all, one in Masters Jumping, which gave her the last one she needed for JDM3 - clever girlie.

And .... drum roll please .... although the lil big man had some kid in a candy shop moments with the contacts in Novice Agility (who knew that contact suck would trump tunnel suck :laugh: ), and couldn't do his weavers in the excitement of a course, he was still trying to listen to me. And in Jumping - one great round with one fault - refusal caused by me not trusting my dog, and ..... one Q. SCT was 35 seconds - the man did it in 23 - and that was with one little bobble when he followed my line inside a jump - but took the redirection and got the jump - not called refusal because he hadn't been making a focussed approach to the jump - phew. His time on the one fault course was 19 seconds - but not sure what SCT was on that one. So very, very pleased with my boy - the last 5 jumps on the last course of the day were on a super arc out of a tunnel - and I didn't have to tell him anything - just ran the line -not even all that close to the jumps, and watched him fly! :D

Love my kids!

Great work Tassie! cheer.gif

Agility trial for my two yesterday. The feral 11.5 year old had a fun day - and for the first time ever, I think, managed 8 runs without any off course DQs - :laugh: . She was naughty on the weavers in one run, and naughty with the table (haven't had one for a while), and I caused a couple of bars down by bad timing, but we ended up with 4 Qs - 2 in Open Jumping, 1 in Open Agility, and best of all, one in Masters Jumping, which gave her the last one she needed for JDM3 - clever girlie.

And .... drum roll please .... although the lil big man had some kid in a candy shop moments with the contacts in Novice Agility (who knew that contact suck would trump tunnel suck :laugh: ), and couldn't do his weavers in the excitement of a course, he was still trying to listen to me. And in Jumping - one great round with one fault - refusal caused by me not trusting my dog, and ..... one Q. SCT was 35 seconds - the man did it in 23 - and that was with one little bobble when he followed my line inside a jump - but took the redirection and got the jump - not called refusal because he hadn't been making a focussed approach to the jump - phew. His time on the one fault course was 19 seconds - but not sure what SCT was on that one. So very, very pleased with my boy - the last 5 jumps on the last course of the day were on a super arc out of a tunnel - and I didn't have to tell him anything - just ran the line -not even all that close to the jumps, and watched him fly! :D

Love my kids!

LOL - still in the camera - couldn't find the card reader last night - will try to get it off tonight and up onto YouTube. If I'm brave, might put the "kid in candy store" agility effort as well :laugh: - only got the morning runs - forgot the afternoon - but the morning was the Q run.

No trial brag but.............

after 12 months of working hard to teach a mini schnauzer a formal dumbbell retrieve without back yard zoomies rofl1.gif

this morning he did it!!!!!!

"Waldo the occasionally wonderful" was wonderful dancingelephant.gifparty1.gifwhee.gif

and yes I am pleased (or relieved)

OK - here's the lil big man's jumping first Q. Hmmm - very messy handling in the middle there. - judge didn't call the refusal because the dog hadn't made a focussed approach - very true - and the handler wasn't very focussed at that time either :laugh: .

Edited by Tassie

Good boy Rory! Nice run thumbsup1.gif I had a similar thing happen with Pippa. I thought she got a refusal but I was very surprised to hear the judge call it a clear round. He didn't believe she had gone past the plane of the jump - she had sort of taken off at an angle to say hello to the judge, but I called her back before she got there embarrass.giflaugh.gif I kind of felt like it was a cheats Q, but if the judge called it clear, who am I to argue? :)

My brag for 2013 is about my daughter Tamika and our gorgeous furkid Zforce Sweet Surrender aka Jessie....on 11th August, 2013 Tamika became at the age of 13 years old to be the youngest child in Australia to get her Tracking Champion title and Jessie is the first American Staffordshire Terrier in Australia to also obtain this title....I could not be happier with both of them achieving this wonderful title and all the hard work they have put in together to get it :)

My brag for 2013 is about my daughter Tamika and our gorgeous furkid Zforce Sweet Surrender aka Jessie....on 11th August, 2013 Tamika became at the age of 13 years old to be the youngest child in Australia to get her Tracking Champion title and Jessie is the first American Staffordshire Terrier in Australia to also obtain this title....I could not be happier with both of them achieving this wonderful title and all the hard work they have put in together to get it :)

So proud - a fantastic result thumbsup1.gif