2013 Brags Thread

lots of blood sweat and tears for that one - think its the most frustrating class for having to retrain each of the exercises.

Thanks, Ptolomy :laugh: ... now you tell me - just after I've entered lil big man Rory in his first UD next month. :rofl: Although I actually did know - been there, done that, got the T shirt. :D

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think UD might just beat me laugh.gif

And if I can't ever get Pippa to pick up a metal article, won't be getting there with her, either! laugh.gif She tries so hard to pick it up, bless her.

Waldo chases metal with his nose and throws leather rofl1.gif Must be a schnauzer thing!

Having said this having spent most of the year trying to rest him due to a soft tissue injury I entered a trial last weekend. in CD. The windy conditions made it very difficult but in spite of this Waldo was superb. No passes. In the first trial he was spooked in his down stay and broke. First time I can remember him breaking in training or a trial. We would have had a score of 183. To be honest I was not as happy with his heeling as I have been but the wind was very strong and gusty. In the second trial he was superb. We lost 1 point in heeling and 2 points for COP (because his dumb handler did an extended signal). He nailed the stays. But he moved all 4 legs on the SFE so we lost a 197 pass. In spite of that he worked so well and the judge was SO ENCOURAGING.

Bit of a brag!!

Had a double rally trial today and my guys blew me away. Had all three entered, 2 in advance and 1 in novice.

Darcy came 1st in advance in the morning with 93, with Jovi placing 2nd with 89 in the same class! Nova decided when a dog's gotta go a dogs gotta go, and eliminated in the ring :/ Oops, that's what I get from running from ring to ring! Poor boy didn't have a chance to properly toilet :(

In the afternoon trial it was hot and windy, so I thought they would all be off in lala land but nope!

Jovi came out firing and won the ring with 93, and nipping at her little white socks was Darcy also getting 93 and placed 2nd on a countback on time :D

Not to be out done, old boy Nova decided not to be the odd one out and worked his butt off, getting a score of 91 and also a 1st place!!

So out of a potential 4 possible 1st places, my guys took home 3 as well as 2 2nds in the same classes :D

Not only that Darcy and Jovi achieved their titles today as well :D

So proud of my guys, they try their very best and they had a blast, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as they looked so happy :D

post-1761-0-51223500-1381562289_thumb.jpg

Edited by tollersowned

Miss Kirra at 11 years 8 months wishes to brag that she teamed up with a new pairs partner (GSP) , to get a pass in Masters Strategic Pairs at Launceston Royal yesterday ..they were the only competitors, so 1st place as well. Her only Q out off 13 runs for the 2 days, but quite a few 2nd place NQs .. including a tricky Masters Jumping today ..clear but 3.5 seconds over time ..my fault.

Little brag for the pocket rocket Coco. Last night went up to Nanango for our last trial of the year and despite no training to speak of and only her third time out since tracking finished she got the only quallie in the whole trial, there was high wind, lots of prickles and the icing on the cake was the fireworks. It was also the happiest I have seen her in a trial ring this year she was yodeling high jumping and turning whirly gigs in between exercises.

Edited by kathq

wow thumbsup1.gif what wonderful results Zena 98.....Dogs4Fun...DiscoDobe...Tollersowned...Tassie & Kathq biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

and anyone else I may have forgotten ...................

I must add my own brags from this weekend at Murray Valley obed/rally trials at Red Cliffs. Though the entry numbers were small.....7 for obedience and 17 for rally, the club members made everyone feel very welcomed!!!

Both my girls Seven & Tasha passed their final leg of RAE yesterday thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

Seven had some lovely scores of 96 in advance B & 97 in excellent B with Tasha scoring 98 in excellent B and 100 in Advance B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They then backed up with today with 98 each in advanced B and 98 again for Tasha in excellent B with Seven on 95

Must also add that Rae Hedger also passed for her 10th pass for her RAE with her daughter's sheltie.

foot note.....my boy Jim also passed last weekend for his RE title too....pretty sure he is the first male Gsd in SA to obtain RE too biggrin.gif

Way to go kath and biker girl!!! thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

We had the WA State Obedience Trial last night and I know a certain WA DOLer who has ultimate bragging rights :D But I'll let her come in and share herself :)

Only a small brag here, Millie got her RE title last night. Both kids have RE now so that is them retired from rally. They don't enjoy rally as much as regular obedience so I am not keen to spend the insane amounts of money required to try for RAE with them! My next rally prospect will be little Pippa :)

Oh and Ruby got oh so close to a UD pass, again laugh.gif She gave a lovely round, scoring beautifully in those exercises she passed! Probably her best UD score to date. She just knocked the bar jump returning from the first box, and missed the second scent article. Incredibly proud of her :) Our time will hopefully come one day, onnneeee daaaayyyy :crossfingers:laugh.gif

I'm thinking about UDX, but am a bit perplexed about how to approach some of the training.

I need to sit down and sift through here for soem ideas.

whoops - sorry I missed all the brags from the weekend - well done Tassie, Xena98, TO and Ness.

Dogs4Fun - I haven't seen you in here before - a UD title champagne.gif lots of blood sweat and tears for that one - think its the most frustrating class for having to retrain each of the exercises. Are you going to go onto UDX?

Ruby gained her last pass today in the novice retrieving ability test for gundogs (RATG) for her NRA title :)

Millie was the first in WA to get the title, now Ruby is the second :cheer: Not the biggest of achievements given there are heaps of dogs in the country already with the title :rofl: but hey I will take whatever I can get to feel special laugh.gif :p