2013 Brags Thread

I had a bit of a hunt but couldn't find a 2013 brags thread so figured I would start one myself (must have been a slow start to 2013 as normally somebody would have started one by now).

This past weekend we had the SA State Obedience and Rally Champs. Two days of trials. Unfortunately the weather gods decided to play hard and turned on some warmer then expected conditions which made it really tough going on all the dogs.

Any way my brag for the weekend is my baby Kenz was entered in her first two Rally Advanced trials and not only did she pass both trials but walked away with a second place on the Saturday and a third place on the Sunday. Sunday was very much a case of great dog shame about the handler and she would have scored much higher if I hadn't messed up a station and cost her 10 points.

Its certainly been a super rough time with my baby girl lately and I can't honestly say for how much longer she will be able to manage but she gave me all she could this past weekend. She really does love it out there and its just devastating she has been through such a rough time of things. I love her to bits and she did extremely well on very minimal training in what has been forever. We take things a day at a time and no idea what the future holds for her.

I know a few other DOL people who also did extremely well this past weekend so hopefully they will come in and post their brags as well :D.

Edited by ness

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: for you and Kenz ness. that was really nice to see.

Rally and obedience trials for us too in the northern end of the island. No Q, but some nice work from lil big man in his second and third outings in Open - and he did his stays in the morning :thumbsup: (no one on a pass in the pm trial, so we all squibbed stays.) Not hot by Adelaide standards - but hot for southern dogs.

Rally on Saturday - the feral Kirra scraped through Adv B and individual work in Ex B in the am trial - but sat up for a good ole scratch in the Honour . Rory won Adv B and Exc B in the morning for his 7th RAE leg. In the afternoon both worked better - Kirra got her second RAE leg. Lil big man, won Advanced B with 98, and hadn't lost a point till the second last station in Exc B, decided that he was too chicken to keep going down the line to the finish - went wide on the stand/walk around dog - but did it, but then just set off and walked determinedly out of the ring, passing the last working station - do not collect $200 - at an angle which took him further away from the Honour dog. He and the honour dog (GSD) are both entire males - used to be friends till their balls dropped :) - then had a couple of years as obnoxious adolescents, posturing and lunging .. both of us owners have worked hard, and the dogs have made huge improvements - the GSD was the Honour dog for Rory in the morning too, and it went OK - don't know what was different in the afternoon - but Rory had noticed him more. It's possible the GSD (quite reasonably :D ) turned his head to see what was happening behind him - who knows. Anyway, I guess I'm glad that Rory chose the safer and more socially acceptable option of just getting out of Dodge :laugh: . Pity though - waste of a lovely round - our judge was very disappointed - she thought she had a 100 coming up. :D

Anyway - the upshot of all that was Rory ended the day with 3 firsts - and the feral agility veteran, Miss Kirra - won Excelelent B with 87 points :rofl: .

ok adding my brag from the State Obedience Championship. Well the weather was hot and not nice to trial. On the Saturday Gabby won UDX on 173. It was a pass but I need the ol 185 pass Owell hopefully on the weekend lol. UD Gabby won on a count back with 186. Unfortunately we were passing in open and for being different and laying down in the sit stay we stood arghhhh. On the Sunday Gabby failed seekback in the udx class. Second in open with 184 and won ud 193. Overall Gabby is the 2013 State UD and UDX Champion and also won the club team as well. So proud of the Gabster working her heart out in the heat over the weekend

Here I am biggrin.gif

Well done to Ness and Kenzie - great to see you back in the ring again - don't leave it so long between drinks next time biggrin.gif

Tassie dancingelephant.gif well done to both your kids - I love reading about what they are up to - the good the bad and the ugly

Xena 98 really nice to catch up - Gabby is a star winner.gif. Yep it was hot and horrid trialling conditions and Gabby did so well.

Bedazzled and I travelled to Adelaide for their State Championships 10 rings over 2 days which really took their toll on the old boys.

On Saturday the Occasionally Clever one finished 2nd NQ in UDX, 2nd on a countback in UD to Gabby, lost 3 in the open ring work before dropping in the sit stay, 2nd to Brooklyn in Rally Excellent with 98 and he won Rally Advance with 100.

On Sunday he finished 2nd in UDX but again failed distance control, lost 2 in the open ring work - but I opted not to do stays as he was struggling and I felt that I was setting him up to fail, pulled him out of UD after the first box because he was hot and struggling, 2nd to Brooklyn in Rally Excellent and 1st in Rally Advance with 100.

He won the top Rally Advanced B combined score over the 2 days 200/200

Way to go Moo :thumbsup:. He was such a happy boy and he tried his heart out all weekend. It was lovely to catch up with both you and bedazzledx2 and definitely won't be leaving it so long before I get back in the ring (well pending things that seem a little out of my control).

And thanks for the congrats Xena98. The heat meant I had to be super careful with Kenz all weekend so I am just proud that we got through it as well as we did and she didn't show any issues in the ring. It would not have been pretty outcome if she had of done :(.

Edited by ness

yah they came on yep definitely hot over the weekend you guys were brave to doing all those classes though congratulations.

Also Barb as well. Go the oldies. Inka is 11 now and is basically only doing agility now but she is getting a dust down in may to do some open well somebody else is handling her so that shall be interesting lol

Hopefully the hot weather will be gone another trial saturday so hopefully that wont be hot

I had a bit of a hunt but couldn't find a 2013 brags thread so figured I would start one myself (must have been a slow start to 2013 as normally somebody would have started one by now).

This past weekend we had the SA State Obedience and Rally Champs. Two days of trials. Unfortunately the weather gods decided to play hard and turned on some warmer then expected conditions which made it really tough going on all the dogs.

Any way my brag for the weekend is my baby Kenz was entered in her first two Rally Advanced trials and not only did she pass both trials but walked away with a second place on the Saturday and a third place on the Sunday. Sunday was very much a case of great dog shame about the handler and she would have scored much higher if I hadn't messed up a station and cost her 10 points.

Its certainly been a super rough time with my baby girl lately and I can't honestly say for how much longer she will be able to manage but she gave me all she could this past weekend. She really does love it out there and its just devastating she has been through such a rough time of things. I love her to bits and she did extremely well on very minimal training in what has been forever. We take things a day at a time and no idea what the future holds for her.

I know a few other DOL people who also did extremely well this past weekend so hopefully they will come in and post their brags as well :D.

It was great to see you and Kenzie back in the ring Ness biggrin.gif Though I didn't get a chance to watch you, as I was a bit busy with the 3 sheppies in two rally classes!!

My news is that with 3 dogs competing, Seven & Tasha in rally excellent and Jim in rally novice, my "team" managed 6 passes, 3 titles, 2 rally excellent and one rally novice with 2, 1st placings & 3, 2nd placings thumbsup1.gif

To top it off, Seven won State Rally Champion Excellent (A) and her litter sister, Neisha, won State Rally Champion Advance (A)

WELL DONE Xena98 clap.gifand to the lovely ladies from WA........... Ptolomy & Bedazzledx2 ...........cheer.gifchampagne.gif

It was lovely to see Bedazzledx2 again after meeting her & Brookie when they came down to Tassie a few years ago!!

:thumbsup: so many great bras.

Ptolomy - I forgot to tell you that one of your distance ed students over here got her Open title with her Mini Schnauzer on Sunday - we are so grateful to you and Bedazzled and the other gurus for your inspiration and help. We do our best to put it into practice. I think one of the things I loved about Sunday over here was getting compliments about Rory's happy heeling attitude - that's down to you guys. :thanks:

My news is that with 3 dogs competing, Seven & Tasha in rally excellent and Jim in rally novice, my "team" managed 6 passes, 3 titles, 2 rally excellent and one rally novice with 2, 1st placings & 3, 2nd placings thumbsup1.gif

To top it off, Seven won State Rally Champion Excellent (A) and her litter sister, Neisha, won State Rally Champion Advance (A)

WELL DONE Xena98 clap.gifand to the lovely ladies from WA........... Ptolomy & Bedazzledx2 ...........cheer.gifchampagne.gif

It was lovely to see Bedazzledx2 again after meeting her & Brookie when they came down to Tassie a few years ago!!

Hi Biker Girl - putting 2 and 2 together - I now know who you are thumbsup1.gif Your kids did fantastically on the weekend - well done.

Tassie - tell the distant Ed student - well done and Bedazzled and I will champagne.gifto celebrate

Here we go a photo of my gorgeous little girl pictured with her "winnings" from the weekend. I am not sure if she will ever get back in the ring. The situation isn't looking especially good right now for her :(.

post-4836-0-14397200-1365670655_thumb.jpg

Edited by ness

Here we go a photo of my gorgeous little girl pictured with her "winnings" from the weekend. I am not sure if she will ever get back in the ring. The situation isn't looking especially good right now for her :(.

post-4836-0-14397200-1365670655_thumb.jpg

Lovely Photo of Kenzie thumbsup1.gif

Scoota added DWDN to his name tonight and has now hung up his dancing shoes for good cheer.gifclap.gif

Way to go Moo and Ptolomy - what a nice end to the week :thumbsup:. Nice to see bedazzled's lurgie which she so kindly shared didn't keep you away from the trial tonight :laugh:.

ETA. Think Mr Moo can actually add HTM.N :laugh:.

Edited by ness

DWD is freestyle. HTM is heelwork to music. Clear as mud eh :rofl:.

Pretty boy Moo is just to clever for his own good :thumbsup:. Hope he got a nice jackpot for his efforts.

Edited by ness

:cheer: Woohooo to the HTMN boy - that's super! :thumbsup::champagne:

Know what you mean about the titles - I have to print Kirra's now - no chance of fitting them in on the computer. Our club still has to hand print Q certificates for obedience and Rally - the poor girl who was doing that at the Rally trial today had to write out 4 for Kirra LOL as well as 4 for Rory - which was a good thing for use - but not for her :rofl: