2013 Brags Thread

Had our very first go in Rally-O today and not only did Jovi and I manage two passes, one was 99 out of 100 and a first place!!

Second one was 85 as I didn't take into account how quick she would return to heel before I was ready (can't wait to get rid of this lead!) so she already sat at heel, I didn't realise she sat all I glimpsed was her on my left so continued LOL Few other points due to me bumping her on turns.

She apparantly looked beautiful out there with her heeling, all focused and happy......think we are going to have fun with this sport :D Judge loved her work and said she did beautiful work :D

Bombed in the agility, but both Darcy (who got a 3rd place NQ) and Jovi were happy and that's all that matters. Though now I have speed from Darcy I need to actually train him a bit more to control him, he has no steering! :p

post-1761-0-40570500-1367657302_thumb.jpg

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had our very first go in Rally-O today and not only did Jovi and I manage two passes, one was 99 out of 100 and a first place!!

Second one was 85 as I didn't take into account how quick she would return to heel before I was ready (can't wait to get rid of this lead!) so she already sat at heel, I didn't realise she sat all I glimpsed was her on my left so continued LOL Few other points due to me bumping her on turns.

She apparantly looked beautiful out there with her heeling, all focused and happy......think we are going to have fun with this sport :D Judge loved her work and said she did beautiful work :D

Bombed in the agility, but both Darcy (who got a 3rd place NQ) and Jovi were happy and that's all that matters. Though now I have speed from Darcy I need to actually train him a bit more to control him, he has no steering! :p

Yay! Hoping you would brag in here TO. That was a lovely start to your Rally career. It's fun, isn't it :-).

I also have a Rally-related Brag, with Shandy gaining her Rally Excellent title today with first place at the Canberra Royal Rally Obedience comp. This makes two titles, in two different dog sports, in two weeks, for my clever Cardigan girl. She gained her DWD Heelwork to Music Novice title in Sydney 2 weeks ago.

She has an auto-immune condition, and was only working very lightly last year, so I'm really happy that she's enjoying working again.

Oh, and I can so relate to speed with no steering ... That's where I'm at with Rory in Jumping.

It's going to be interesting, Jovi is so in tune with what I am doing that if I slow a little or turn she will check what I am doing, I tried doing my usual change of directions and he kept going straight LOL One thing he does have though is distance and drive so should be fun!

Was great, I was so nervous going in and almost started off in the usual obedience attitude with no talking but when she got a bit distracted at the start I started talking and then we worked together so well once I calmed :D With her and obedience, it is very much a case of awesome dog, shame about the handler! LOL

---------------

Congrats CC! Sounds like a great few weeks :D

Edited by tollersowned

2 titles in 2 weeks CC is terrific and extra special because of the auto immune issue - one of my kids has had AI problems so I know what its like - well done and onto your RAE title you go.

TO lovely photo of Jovi thumbsup1.gif She is a little star.

Bedazzled had a great day today - her RAE title, winning both rally rings and a UDX passchampagne.gifand 2 passes with her new little red handbag clap.gif

For me, the occasionally clever one won UDX banana.gifand UD, 2nd in Rally Exc and 3rd in Rally Advance. We only need one more UDX leg now crossfingers.gif

Strauss got another leg towards his RAE title too. clap.gif

Great brags from Canberra - super with Shandy, CC .. and from the West - make sure there is plenty of :champagne: flowing - you've earned it. Need pics of Bedazzled with her little red handbag.

Rally and obedience for us today - the feral one managed to keep her act together (well sort of) for another leg towards RAE - half way now - hard work with Miss Kirra. Rory worked quite nicely for his second RAE2 leg - would have done better if handler had noticed that he hadn't quite got his bum down in the 90 pivot right second sit :banghead: - need to work on working when plovers and white cockies are screeching around the place.

He was sitting on a reasonable pass in Open, but I pulled him from stays - partly because of the neighbouring dogs, but mainly because we've been having drop out of sit stay troubles, and he was a bit sore in lower back I thought, so I didn't want to set him up for another drop out of the sit. He was happy enough in his work - but we still need distraction proofing. :)

Thanks everyone, I'm really happy to see Shandy working happily again after being a sore and sorry little dog last year. Now if I can just get her retrieving the dumbell again, we might even make it back into the Open ring as well.

I'm not going to worry too much about RAE yet as my pup, Zimri will be debuting soon enough, and it will be easier to trial them both! Though this will be my first attempt at trialling two dogs, and I'm not sure that I will juggle it as gracefully as some of you guys do with multiples!

Great work in WA and Tassie, sounds like everyone had a busy weekend with some great brags. Amazing work Ptolomy and Bedazzled, and good job Tassie; I always like to hear when people make such good decisions for their dog's sake.

A little brag for me. smile.gif

We had out first IPO trial this weekend. My little Elka is now Nordenstamm Unita BH (and after a last minute entry) TD1!!

I'm so proud of her (and myself) for getting out there and giving it a go. Not a bad result either given it was her first go and my first trial ever.

Edited by RidgieMal

Been missing from here for a while but had to let the world know that Coco passed her TD 5 yesterday . Some serious pixie dancing took place afterwards and bubbles of course.

Only two more legs to go :)

Been missing from here for a while but had to let the world know that Coco passed her TD 5 yesterday . Some serious pixie dancing took place afterwards and bubbles of course.

Only two more legs to go :)

Woo Hoo it only seems like yesterday the two of you were entering your first tracking trial. I will put the bubbles on ice in preparation for the next two passes thumbsup1.gif

RidgieMal - not a little brag at all - its the first of many .......thumbsup1.gif well done

• 2 weeks later...

Double Rally trial in very windy Hobart - one gust blew my 21kg boy off balance :eek: - in the middle of a course - we'd just done a turn, so he probably had a fott off the ground.

Anyway - both of mine got 2 more double Qs - Rory now has 4 legs towards RAE2, and Kirra has 7 of the 10 that she needs for RAE. Apart from a 1st place 97 for Rory in Advanced B, scores weren't terribly brilliant - but given the conditions I was happy with them - especially with the feral agility girlie - who only did one lot of throwing DWD moves in - but did decide that she was a toy girl after all - she would like a pink rabbit please, just like the one in the offset figure 8 :rofl: .

Ptolomy should be in with red kid brags at some stage. :laugh:

Double Rally trial in very windy Hobart - one gust blew my 21kg boy off balance :eek: - in the middle of a course - we'd just done a turn, so he probably had a fott off the ground.

Anyway - both of mine got 2 more double Qs - Rory now has 4 legs towards RAE2, and Kirra has 7 of the 10 that she needs for RAE. Apart from a 1st place 97 for Rory in Advanced B, scores weren't terribly brilliant - but given the conditions I was happy with them - especially with the feral agility girlie - who only did one lot of throwing DWD moves in - but did decide that she was a toy girl after all - she would like a pink rabbit please, just like the one in the offset figure 8 :rofl: .

Your kids are on a roll Tassie - congrats on today's passes thumbsup1.gif and to be almost half way to Rory's RAE 2 WOWcheer.gifchampagne.gif

Had a very average day at obedience, but the kids did well this arvo in rally. Can now add RAE to the end of the occasionally clever ones name -champagne.gif and will now have trouble fitting his name on the entry forms eek1.gif This will see him bow out of rally. Cider Also won Excellent A and this was her title. Strauss gained another leg and only needs one more double pass for his title and Little Beans, working with Bedazzled also got a leg towards her RAE title.

Your kids are on a roll Tassie - congrats on today's passes thumbsup1.gif and to be almost half way to Rory's RAE 2 WOWcheer.gifchampagne.gif

Had a very average day at obedience, but the kids did well this arvo in rally. Can now add RAE to the end of the occasionally clever ones name -champagne.gif and will now have trouble fitting his name on the entry forms eek1.gif This will see him bow out of rally. Cider Also won Excellent A and this was her title. Strauss gained another leg and only needs one more double pass for his title and Little Beans, working with Bedazzled also got a leg towards her RAE title.

Congratulations to the red dogs, sounds like a busy day :)

Little Jovi got her Rally Novice title today in fine style with a 97 and a 1st place in the morning :D

In our afternoon run she was off her nut and everything was done at speed!! No idea what happened too her :laugh: She enjoyed herself and ended up on 91 even though she didn't need another pass.

Her dad also had his first go and he was beautiful, he has stunning heeling but I get nervous and he shuts down but he was focussed for most of the run and had his tail wagging the entire time. Due to a silly error by myself I lost him 10 points as I put him straight into a drop and forgot about the sit :( Ended up on 88.

The afternoon run.....well like Jovi he was just so excited! He was bouncing along and shaking he was so excited LOL Loved it and we had so much fun, he ended up on 87 as I had to retry a couple and he isn't as "polished" as Jovi with certain things especially when he was throwing himself into it but damn if I could bottle that excitement!

post-1761-0-77805800-1369557555_thumb.jpg