Zoe The Amazing Border Collie

minimax

:thumbsup: WOW !!!! Zoe is really amazing. What a clever girl... & so pretty. I love the trick where she runs up & rebounds off her owner.

Also where she looks between her own front legs. "Peek-a-Boo". Many many hours of training but look at what they have achieved. Fantastic to see

such a wonderful partnership. Thanks for sharing Minimax. Loved it !!! :D

Edited by BC Crazy

Such an amazing dog! Decided I need to teach Elsie to jump off me like that... She can jump UP, surely OFF can't be too hard haha

BAHAHA!! My OH said this exact thing about our dogs when he watched the video!!

His exact words were 'they've got the jumping up on us down pat surely we can get them to spring off us and walah we have a trick instead of an annoying habit'.

I like both your thinking :)

I am so amazed by the rebounding off the owners trick :eek:

I'm not sure if a dwarf cattle dog can do such a trick, but it's the next one on our list for my Erik. This week he mastered a back stall. I was so freaking excited I had to get OH to film it.

Very good point dancnbc's re the back flips. Must admit

they looked so impressive & I loved them, I would hate to

think of the damage that could be done to the beautiful dog's

spine & hip joints etc if she landed the wrong way or on uneven

ground. Or if this trick was repeated too often, the concussion

on the legs would worry me.

I love seeing all these younger kids put so much time and effort into their dogs, ie Pugsley etc...

How proud mum and dad must be too :)

Yes missimoo, I too love to see the next generation really enjoying their dogs & all they have to give :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Funny this should come up - I was watching this video just yesterday urging caution in dog trick training -

E: it's not saying don't do them, just take into account your own dog's biomechanics and abilities :)

Edited by TheLBD

Yes minimax same... It certainly isn't something I'd encourage for any extended period of time or repeatedly IMHO. I think common sense has to come into

play here & the dog's well being HAS to be top priority when doing any kind of physical activity with them. Most Border Collies or working breed will generally

just keep going & going if allowed too. So I always keep a very close I on their movement, make sure they aren't running or whatever on really hard surfaces

& the actual time I am working with mine so as not to over do it. I have been told my guys are too 'pampered' but I would rather be as safe as possible than have

an injured dog :(

I have been thinking I'd love to start to teach Stella to play frizbee but I do have concerns about all the jumping & twisting that it involves for her. So am

going to try to keep throwing it fairly low if I can to minimize the impact to her body & make sure she is warmed up before we start. See how we go :)

Edited by BC Crazy