13 Yr Old Dog On Gumtree

Oh people are doing it all the time - there is another on that site at the moment. A 13 year old maltese because they now have 2 kids. Seriously do they expect to find a good home for such an old dog and how would the dog cope anyway :(

If anyone should take the little dog on, as long as it's a kind and loving home there is every chance the dog would adapt. I've rescued/adopted dogs as old as 15, they've had a terrible life but I can assure you that they've all responded to love and kindness and thrived on it1

Oh yes they adapt alright! :laugh: Doesn't take long for a smart old critter to work out when they're on to a good thing.

The one huge fail with private rehoming is people don't always have the experience or the care factor to ensure a good outcome for the dog.

I had a pup here, he was on his 3rd home by 8 wks old. All via FB buy/swap/sell.

I had one 7yr old from a woman who regularly finds excuses to give her dogs away and get new ones. Not once has she kept a dog till it's last breath. 12 months after getting rid of 3 she had fresh ones.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogmad, your the best !!! I think you do an amazing selfless job & I just wanted to express my gratitude. It's people like you that restore my faith in humanity :)

All dogs want is to be loved & shown kindness. Whether they are 6 months old or 16. The way they respond & bounce back after sometimes years of neglect & abuse

never ceases to astound me as they have every right to be as pi**ed off as hell at the world & the everyone in it. Instead they soak up all the loving they can get

& rightly deserve. That's one of the many reasons why I adore them.

Must be the season for it - another 12 year old maltese being given away. Great with the kids but the wife has anxiety and thinks the dog may have something to do with it :confused::(

Poor old thing.

Sadly there are oldies listed all the time all around Australia. I couldn't count how many I have seen just in the last few years since I've been in rescue. As Powerlegs said some are genuine and sad, some not so.

That owner was a piece of crap .... that's the nicest thing I can say, and such a liar.

A piece of crap is being generous dogmad and yes she lied :mad Karma's a b*#ch.

Luvmypet thank you for posting the happy ending, thank dog for Nicole & Scott and DRN.

That owner was a piece of crap .... that's the nicest thing I can say, and such a liar.

A piece of crap is being generous dogmad and yes she lied :mad Karma's a b*#ch.

Luvmypet thank you for posting the happy ending, thank dog for Nicole & Scott and DRN.

+1 you said everything i was thinking

I have a soft spot for the oldies :o

Oh thank you for posting the story, I've been thinking about this poor baby since I posted a few weeks ago. How heartbreaking :mad What a relief those wonderful people took the initiative to help them both.

This is what was written, I don't know if I am allowed to post the pictures though

post-26505-0-25058400-1366516329_thumb.png

Thank you Boronia - how very sad for those poor little dogs. I hope there is some happiness for them now - there are some good people around anyway.

:thumbsup: You are both the best Nicole & Scott.. :cry::cry: happy tears now. As for the X "owners". I too don't want to be kicked off DOL so I will leave my opinion

of these human filth to your vivid imagination. Enjoy the rest of your now very happy lives pan lickers :D

Edited by BC Crazy