Dog Hoods, Can You Buy Them?

juice

This may seem like an odd request, but can you buy stretchy dog hoods?

One of my dogs is allergic to something that is making her head come out in bumps, i have removed everything in my garden she can reach and she still has them, so i think its something on our walk she is putting her face in.

When i had horses in the UK they had stretchy hoods you pulled on and tied round the neck, this would be perfect.

I need something tight and stretchy to cover her head, under her jaw etc where the bumps come up.

I have tried to google "dog hoods" , but get some very disturbing SM pictures! :eek:

Try searching dog hoods -kink or dog hoods -sm or dog hoods -sex (the -anyword in a google search means it excludes results with that word in it so you might have more luck!).

Or try a UK google search, if they are common in the UK and see if they call them something else.

How big is the dog ? If it's a larger breed you might be able to use minature pony hood or neck rug or alternatively ask the people who make the mini rugs if they can do a smaller one for you. Just google rugs for minature ponies.

Alternatively, look up dog snood. I think a few people on here make them, and there are a couple of places you can buy them (dog shows, pet network.com, etc).

Commonly used on spaniels to keep ears clean at meal time...

medium_5_01_11_11_9_35_23_16161659.jpeg

The dog snood is no good, its the face that needs covering.

I suppose i could get some lycra and make a kind of open ended sock and slide it over ,then cut holes for ears and eye's, i just suck at making anything and dont have a machine. :laugh:

Its for a BT.

i just looked at the horse "skinny hoods" and thats exactly the deign i mean, but just too big.

Edited by juice

I;ve just done a google search and got lots of aussie websites for horse ones, tried a UK search and got lots of sites with nothing to do with hoods (eg robin hood bay :laugh: was the top result!)

Also, i presume you don;t use plastic bowls as they can cause the same thing

I;ve just done a google search and got lots of aussie websites for horse ones, tried a UK search and got lots of sites with nothing to do with hoods (eg robin hood bay :laugh: was the top result!)

Also, i presume you don;t use plastic bowls as they can cause the same thing

Google searches are customised to your browsing habits ... so maybe for Juice to get lots of X rated sites, it just customised it to her browsing habits *cough*

When i took her for more meds the vet nurse was telling me it could be the long grass ,the sticky stuff as it holds fungi/bacteria on it? Forget exactly what she said.

It would make sense, council havn't cut the grass for ages and it knee length in places.

p.s x rated sites, me ,now thats a laugh, if only i had the courage :laugh:

Edited by juice

When i took her for more meds the vet nurse was telling me it could be the long grass ,the sticky stuff as it holds fungi/bacteria on it? Forget exactly what she said.

It would make sense, council havn't cut the grass for ages and it knee length in places.

p.s x rated sites, me ,now thats a laugh, if only i had the courage :laugh:

sounds like your google has the courage! :rofl: