What Have You Found In Your Dogs Bed

pirate

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never found anything in Wilbur's crate - except sand which i'd expect since he loves his sandpit. However, one walk through our house will net you with the remains of empty toilet rolls that are constantly stolen from the waste basket in the loo. It doesn't matter how often i pick up loo-roll-remains there's always more to find. He's forever chewing them up into pieces and leaving them where he was sitting embarrass.gif

I think we'll have to invest in a waste bin with a dog-proof lid as Wilbur was recently caught trying to steal neatly wrapped and used menstrual care items eek1.gif thank goodness the filthy grot was caught as soon as he'd stolen them. Needless to say, i didn't want any kisses from him that day!

My Mum often finds "presents" under her pillows, most recent one was a manky bone

Same here Ausise - except it was me!! Got into bed one night and my arse hit the smelliest dirtiest bone I've ever seen! No idea how it got under the blankets like that... if I had to guess I'd say Sarah was the gift giver...laugh.gif Now I check before crawling into bed...biggrin.gif

I found my little sister sleeping in one of my Rottweilers beds many years ago. She came home in a drunken state early one morning in her teenage years and curled herself up on the dogs bed.

Guest Clover

Hmmm some people have some charming dogs :vomit:.

I only find the dogs, balls and the occasional bone that has not been finished.

Maybe just tried to bring an entire tree branch into the house and looked disappointed when I told her to leave it outside. It would have ended up on the lounge.

My girl does this quite often as well. Of a night when we are all watching TV or something you'll here a hell of a commotion at the back door & it will be Stella trying to get a huge tree branch through the door opening, which she does & puts it down in the middle of the lounge room to chew it to bits. great !! LOL. Thats if I don't catch her first & put it back outside, much to her dissapointment. Should see the 'look' I get... Giggle.

We had a foster greyhound who had a particular "thing" for my gorgeous, sixties suede stilletos. She just liked to collect one and sit next to it.

Our gorgeous old Girlie collected all sorts of things and like to wrap them up in the blankets on her dog bed. Once (and only once!) I fed the dogs pieces of raw fish...and spent the next two days finding stinky fish pieces hidden in her blanket. I think she had a stash outside, so whenever I found and removed pieces, she'd go out to her stash for replacements. Another time she collected and carefully unwrapped (she was also a star unwrapper) a couple of little gifts I'd left on the coffee table. I later found the tiny thimble and medallion - guess where? - wrapped up in the blanket on her bed.

She also confiscated the squeaky puppy soft toy that I'd bought our other greyhound, upset by the squeaking when Maggie chewed it. This and Girlie's squeaky puppy were promptly bundled up and hidden in the blanket on her dog bed. Awake late one night, I snuck down to check on Girlie in the lounge room to find that she had unwrapped the two squeaky pups and was lying stretched around them on the bed. Presumably it was safe to let the pups out to play while evil Maggie was asleep. So cute!

I don't find things in my girl's bed! Until 2 months ago she slept on my bed. She now sleeps in her crate so probably doesn't yet see it as her safe hiding place for treasures :)

Her preferred hiding place has always been under the cushions on the divan in the back room. Occasionally the treasured object slips down between the divan and the wall and I get summoned urgently to help her retrieve it!! So far her treasures haven't been as gross as most of the other posts :thumbsup:

The first dog we owned when we were married was a german shepherd. This dog was trouble on legs!! She was always fed outside, however, somehow managed to sneak inside with a lovely lamb shank...something to be savoured at a later time.

After quite a few days of sniffing, and smelling, hunting and searching for the source of this ungodly smell, we found the treasure, neatly enveloped in the folds of a rarely used bean bag, in a spare room.

After much gagging and coughing, and lots of disinfectant, the decision was made to dispose of the bean bag....quickly!!

We have owned a few dogs since old Suzie but this is the most memorable treasure that we have found!

I've found since we had the girlchild what ends up on doof's bed is far more interesting. Thankfully it's outside. Currently:

6 teddy bears he was gifted when we cleaned out her room over the weekend

2 petit mam (sp?) yoghurt containers (empty)

A toddler spoon, chewed in half

A sock

Various toilet paper rolls

Cow hooves

Half the mulch in the backyard

3 Empty drink bottles

Drink bottle lids

Kong wubba

Cardboard box pieces

Giant tennis ball

It's totally packed. He just hurtles across the yard and throws himself at it and lands with a blissed out grin

Bear doesn't hoard stuff. Except sometimes fruit, but only because doof loves it and she hates it, but knows its food so refuses to give it up. All she wants is food :laugh:

Had to laugh at cow hooves... my dogs used to gather when the farrier came for the shaved hoof.

However the GSD once had a complete cows leg. Gave me a heart attack until we found out it was from a deceased neighbours cow that had been buried next door.

My new kelpie used to drive me batty bringing in bones .. to her bed and my bed. The other dogs didn't do this althou since she has arrived she has lead them astray.

I'm thing I'm not finding in Max's crate very often lately is her bedding. She's taken a liking to dragging it out and playing with it, or eating it, or sleeping on it somewhere else. This morning she ran through the house with it, and I found her brekky bowl still in the crate, so she was practicing her magic tricks, much like when they pull the table cloth off the table and the plates stay there - she had pulled her vetbed out and left the bowl there in place :laugh:

The purple fluff in the poop is always a giveaway as to what she's been doing.