Lightroom 5 Beta

redangel

Hey everyone who uses LR the new Lightroom 5 beta is up for download.

Seriously! I just got LR4!

Anyway some of the new features include color values CMKY, straight line healing and a non round healing brush (yippee).

Remember it is a beta so I wouldnt be using it for any workflow, lest there be some bugs in the system...but if you are interested in having a play, go have a look.

Also be aware that if you aren't running a new OS, it might not work.

A friend says it won't run on Leopard, for instance.

I usually download the Beta pretty early, but I'm likely going to give this one a miss as I'm not finding much editing time lately so wouldn't be able to give it much of a go yet. Or maybe I will...some of the new features seem pretty hot!

Edited by kja

Not at the moment.

5 is a Beta only right now. It will run seperately to 4 but you can import the files back and forth.

And I've caved and am in the process of downloading it now :)

Edited by kja

I started to DL it and my computer crashed half way through, this has never happened before. So I cleared the DL, might have another try.

Edited by tlc

I have it on Mac, I'm using it instead of Apeture. I find fixing horizons is a bit fiddly and its not as easy to share pics via Facebook or Flickr... Otherwise no big issues.

Which OS are you running on your Mac? Why is the horizons hard to fix? Is the crop tool different?

Jo you use a PC don't you?

I have it on Mac, I'm using it instead of Apeture. I find fixing horizons is a bit fiddly and its not as easy to share pics via Facebook or Flickr... Otherwise no big issues.

Which OS are you running on your Mac? Why is the horizons hard to fix? Is the crop tool different?

Jo you use a PC don't you?

I am using OS X 10.8.2, it's a fairly new (brought in December 2012) Retina Pro.

In Apeture to fix a horizon you click on the Horizon button, click to grab the picture and drag it either up or down until it is level, then release. I haven't used Lightroom before and when I tried to fix a Horizon there was some ruler and I wasn't quite sure what I was doing and I couldn't get it straight.

Mac has a great level of functionality with Apeture and iPhoto and all my other applications "talk to" those ones when it comes to picture files, they don't seem to have the same level of 'conversation' with Lightroom.