Breed Health Testing Databases

I don't think ava makes scores public. I know the bva doesn't. The DNA thing, I think it may depend on the breed / what you are testing for. Eg: the tamaskan must be tested for DM before breeding. We use the OFA for this test, which is posted publicly.

The German Shepherd Council of Australia publishes their Breed Survey Books which list all GSD's that have passed hip and elow X-rays and also haemophillia results.

As yet DM is not a required test but I and a couple of other breeder's test for it, I have asked the GSDCA to publish the results of DM testing, but am awaiting a reply.

OFA will now list Australian tests for AVA hips and elbows, ACES eye certification, cardiac certificates etc. if you submit them. Due to interest from Australia in using the database this way my dogs have just been used as test cases for this (working out how to enter it on the database fields took a little work at first). They now have all their results on the OFA database and have also been issued with CHIC numbers. OFA is happy for other Australians to have their dogs health tests listed. You may need to check, but I think it is something like a one off fee of $25 US per dog and you can submit updates and additions as required.

In UK all health tests done under bva scheme with registered dogs (either breed or activity register) will be published in the back of the quartlery breed record supplements.

Don;t know if they still do it, but you used to be able to buy a CD with all the health tests for your breed from way back up to recent.