Dog Collars, I Can't Find The One I Want!

mixeduppup

So I'm after a dark leather dog collar with a brass name plate. I've been through etsy and Ebay and can't find what i want. My dogs currently all have nice dark stained leather matching collars but I want to update and like the idea of their names and my number being engraved onto the plate on their collar instead of tags. Can anyone help?

Edited by mixeduppup

I have been looking for a leather collar & leash too, so hard to decide what i want, my boy has always been in black even his ribbon at birth was black lol, Tried red for a while but now I don't know ahh.

here's a link I found, some great UK websites also

http://petsandthecit...aved-dog-collar

I love waifs and strays collars, they are old english style and you can buy a dog ID capsule that's so cute! Easier to buy them in the UK though i've found on Aus websites they are out of stock. http://www.pet365.co.uk/brands/Waifs-and-Strays.html

Edited by RidgieAmy

Went into pet barn yesterday looking for a collar and lead for the corgi so she could have a nice collar for trailing in and they didn't have much settled on a pink one.. Try buying a collar for a pointer wanted one about 1 inch wide but all the collars are so long they would go round his neck at least twice.

Have a look here

Hogan Leather Dog Collars

Gee, beautiful gear :thumbsup: & another vote for Ruthless. Awesome gear if in the market for leather. I love leather but it

just wouldn't suit my guys as they are daily salt water swimmers. We go Ezydog or Blackdog for collars & leashes. They are very well made, don't get

ruined in the water,quick drying & don't rust :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Zig goes swimming in the local pond (fresh but manky water) nearly every day and can often be found rolling in mud puddles when the opportunity arises.

If he gets in the mud, I wipe the collar over and then use the conditioning cream that Ruthless supplied. But when it just gets wet, I let it dry and only condition about every couple of weeks..

Oh Staffyluv, I'm surprised as I thought that water would completely ruin the leather. The collars my 2 have are made out

of wet suit material type stuff so they dry really quickly as well. I would love to buy my guys a leather collar though for when

we go on outings, just so they look real pretty :p

The one Zig has so suits him, looks awesome :thumbsup:

Edited by BC Crazy

Oh Staffyluv, I'm surprised as I thought that water would completely ruin the leather. The collars my 2 have are made out

of wet suit material type stuff so they dry really quickly as well. I would love to buy my guys a leather collar though for when

Nope he swims in his every day.

I do take it off him when we get home (he is nude at home and only wears them when we go out). So they get time to dry out each day.

I do only wipe the cream stuff over them about once a fortnight - at night while I am watching TV (takes 5 minutes or so) and then they are ready to go again the next morning.

If you want the metal name tag, boomerang pet tags do a good job

http://www.boomerangtags.com/page.php?c=collartags&k=h

Bully (Pele) has some - very nice.

They're not brass tho - brass is not as durable or tough as stainless steel.

I take that back - they do them in brass too

http://www.boomerangtags.com/store/list.php?A=G&ID=3

And they do ones that rivet on - so Ruthless could add to one of her custom leather collars.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Nope he swims in his every day.

I do take it off him when we get home (he is nude at home and only wears them when we go out). So they get time to dry out each day.

I do only wipe the cream stuff over them about once a fortnight - at night while I am watching TV (takes 5 minutes or so) and then they are ready to go again the next morning.

My guys often go swimming in fresh water with their Ruthless collares on and they are still going strong. I let them dry out (off the dogs) and then use Dubbin to condition them with. Our Ruthless collars must about 3 years old now and still look great.

My 3 all have leather collars from 'Karmacollars". guaranteed for life, brilliant quality and postage from the USA is only $16.

They do plain collars with nameplates.

Mine cost under $200 for all 3. :)

post-3531-0-58333800-1366439893_thumb.png