Could A Breeder Successfully Sue For This ?

Christina

the breeder has no right to the dog once it's bought by someone else. The CC could take the breeding of a limited reg dog to court since the paperwork says no breeding but they would have to have rock hard evidence to prove that the dog was going to be bred and/or the puppies that are on the ground were not an accident. Good luck with that. It's a hard one.

Sorry, but I think there is confusion about the implied meaning of limited registration.

Limited registration does not stop someone from breeding and I am doubtful that the information on the paperwork says the dog cannot be bred from. Rather, I would think it would say something along the lines of the offspring not being able to be registered because the limited registered dog is listed on a non-breeding register.

There is a fundamental difference between this and what you have said.

The paperwork says "Not for Breeding or Export" stamped in large letters across the front.

On the back it has Limited Register Restrictions

I/We understand the undersigned new owners acknowledge that is has bee fully explained to me that this dog is registered on the Limited Register and that the following restrictions apply:

a) The dog is inelligible to be exhibited at a conformation sho; and

b) For any reason, not to be used for breeding purposes; and

c) An Export Pedigree will not be issued if transferred overseas.

Just happened to have my boys sitting on my desk :D HTH

The paperwork says "Not for Breeding or Export" stamped in large letters across the front.

I/We understand the undersigned new owners acknowledge that is has bee fully explained to me that this dog is registered on the Limited Register and that the following restrictions apply:

Thanks. That's interesting.

All it means is that an Export certificate will not be issued and that progeny from that dog will not be able to be registered.

Do you really believe that a dog with limited registration can not be privately exported with its owners should they leave Aust. and take the dog with them.

I guess the only way breeders can stop people breeding is to desex them before they go. A friend of a friend recently bought a Viszla puppy for a much cheaper price than average. They didnt care if the parents had papers or not. They were given copies of the parent papers which I saw and both parents were on the Limited register.

Interesting though that it says on the back of the limited registration that you cannot breed with the dog. So if the new owner changes it into their name with say Dogs Victoria and then breeds with it they are breaking the law. Then again if they dont change the dog into their name does it technically still belong to the breeder.

Its not breaking the law of the land its breaking Dogs Victoria rules.

My question relates to whether the intent of breeding from a dog sold with clear indication of not for breeding could actually be challenged in a court if the breeder should choose to try & do so. In theory.

This is the part that seems to be confusing everyone.

Interesting. Limit register just means the offspring cant be registered. I dont think there's anything stopping someone buying a dog and turning it an unregistered sausage factory. it would be like selling a maserati and then threatening to sue the buyer for on selling it to someone who just wants a paddock basher