Gate Escaping Staff Puppy

gemsan

If you can't simple put him inside for the short time you're out a kennel & run would be the quickest and easiest.

Thing is, with Staffords especially - once they learn that fences can be breeched they will usually keep doing it so even if you stop him there he will probably turn his attention elsewhere if he has got in to the habit of knowing he can get out if he tries hard enough.

They really need to learn very early on that "all" fences are escape-proof or you are in for a life time of issues - some can can jump/climb/scramble over 8 foot colourbond (yes I have seen it) so not something to encourage!

Those invisible barriers might work, but remember that Staffords are very determined and he might decide a moment's pain is worth the benefit - and once he's through the barrier he has much less incentive to come back through.

I agree with this! my littlest girl went through a stage of constantly escaping no matter what we did. We ended up having to replace 100m of fence line and built a dog run for her to go in when we left the house as well as constant walks etc. She doesn't do it any more thank god but we still use the run for when I walk them as I have to do it separately and she isn't a fan of being left behind so tries to jump the regular fence to come too.