One Of The Consequences Of Sleeping With Dogs.

Kirislin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call my dogs incontinent. I'm not sure why the occasional poo slips out of one of their bums, I know it's not deliberate and it only happens when they have really firm little pebbles, not great big sloppy poos. When they see a turd in the bed, they seem as grossed out by it as I am.

Probably because they think it's yours and wonder why you're pooping in their bed :laugh:

Oh, damn!! :rofl:

is there an emoticon for "drop steak sandwich on the keyboard while spitting food? "

This thread is wonderful!!!

I turned over the other day to find my face firmly in Lili's crotch while she lay on her back cockroach style....nice.

We haven't had poo in the bed but we've had vom, that gets wiped then washed in the morning. Dog vom these days is like water to me :laugh:

Guest Clover

This thread is disgusting. I can't believe people have incontinent dogs in their beds!!

:eek: This, do people just not care what they sleep in.

The one time one of mine had an accident in my bed it resulted in him having full blood work done to rule out anything nasty going on. All tested out fine and no problems since then.

This thread is disgusting. I can't believe people have incontinent dogs in their beds!!

:eek:This, do people just not care what they sleep in.

The one time one of mine had an accident in my bed it resulted in him having full blood work done to rule out anything nasty going on. All tested out fine and no problems since then.

I care very much, that is why in my original post I made it clear I hated waking up to it. :laugh: It happens so rarely to me though, and I love my dogs so I forgive their imperfections.

I wouldn't call my dogs incontinent. I'm not sure why the occasional poo slips out of one of their bums, I know it's not deliberate and it only happens when they have really firm little pebbles, not great big sloppy poos. When they see a turd in the bed, they seem as grossed out by it as I am.

Probably because they think it's yours and wonder why you're pooping in their bed :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

No dogs on furniture rule around here. The big fluffy used to "secretly" sleep on the couch after we went to bed, so we conceded the point & covered it with a blanket each night. But then she got incontinent & was subsequently banned from the couch.

It was about then I was glad my OH had been extra firm about her not being allowed on the bed!

One poo, vomit or wee & that would be it for me. Not to mention how dirty the sheets etc would be on a daily basis. I don't have time for that much washing!

My dogs sleep on their beds, alongside our bed, so no poo issues here.

But my old girl (14 yo) was snoozing next to me on the couch one day when I felt a gradual, warm wet feeling. She was completely asleep, and had weed without knowing it. My reaction woke her - she looked as surprised and disgusted as I was.

Poor old love - luckily it was the leather couch and easy to clean up. She hasn't done it since. Sleeping on the couch next to me as I type this.

A friend of mine owns a pub and one of her customers had called into the pub on the way to go yabbying. He was there long enough for my girlfriends dog to jump into the back of his ute and raid the yabbie nets. Later that night my girlfriend got into bed stretched out and felt a softish thing with her foot. She pulled back the sheets to find out Diesl had stashed a part of a toungue in her bed, that had been bait in the yabbie pot. It was quite warm so by that time of night so the toungue was wiffy as well. Diesel was most upset that his stash got thrown in the bin.

• 2 weeks later...

LOLOL good thread, and I am so glad its not just me !!!!!

All my sheets are on the line, someone came in during the night with dirty pants and smeared everywhere, woke up to a strange odour at 5 am, got up, stripped the bed, bathed the rear end, dried said rear end, and we both got back onto the stripped bed and went back to sleep amidst two cat bodies.

Staffy used bury his bones in the bed, my last chi used to bury his food in the kids beds as well.

Bed time used to be full of loud exclamations and swearing when I had a housefull of people.

I think the worst was the chicken frames, they would go all smooshy.

The kids (there were a few beds for the dogs to choose from) were used to it, and even though the dogs were not sposed to have bones inside, they always managed to get them in somehow.

I think for me the worst is farts, I use a CPAP machine and when dogs fart somewhere near the machine it gets sucked in there and forced out the other side into the hose, then the mask, and then, ZAP I wake up instantly, chuck the whole thing off and rush for something that smells much much better. In this regard it is better for the dog to be on the bed, and not beside it.

I dont think I am complacent, I am just used to their mess.