Leads, Collars

griff

I think most of them are great - particularly the "deaf dog" or "dog in training" or "nervous".

I wouldn't put a "friendly" one on my dog though - even though he is - as it might seem like an invitation for all and sundry kids to smother him and I have enough trouble with that as it is :)

I have one and they're really adjustable and very safe. There is one plastic clip but it's between the metal rings that the leash clips through so even if the clip suddenly disintegrated the rings are backup.

I've just bought the 'adopt me' harness and lead - and am really pleased with them - really good quality and the harness is highly adjustable. Jacki from friendly dog collars is really helpful and some of them on the website were on special last time I looked. smile.gif Oliver my foster will be properly dressed on Sunday with his harness, lead and bandana!

I love yellow collars and leads, my dogs aren't nervous.

And they are pretty colours, with small writing, so you have to get up close to see what they say, which kind of defeats the purpose :laugh:

confused.gif Mine aren't - the writing is big and black on bright yellow and the width of the harness and lead?? IMO its really readable.

I've just bought the 'adopt me' harness and lead - and am really pleased with them - really good quality and the harness is highly adjustable. Jacki from friendly dog collars is really helpful and some of them on the website were on special last time I looked. smile.gif Oliver my foster will be properly dressed on Sunday with his harness, lead and bandana!

Don't forget pics of Oliver all tricked out in his "adopt me" gear - best of luck on Sunday :)

You know I was thinking about these collars and leads this morning - and its a really good way of emphasising behaviours not breeds, and they create a talking point and opportunity to gently educate joe public. I'm really looking forward to using mine tomorrow in public. Will report back and see if i can get some opinions.

We really should get some data on their success, I think. smile.gif Someone out there looking for a research project? smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

What a great idea. I walk 3 dogs at a time and I love that other people are interested in talking to me about my dogs but they always want to pat the Dachshund who is the one who really just wants to be left alone. Maybe a "No kids" one would be good too. :)