Propalin - Experiences

DakotaJ

Our 11 months Golden Retriever has had a pretty complicated medical history over her lifetime.

She has been incontinent since we brought her home but not consistently . She had several UTI's and we took her three vets to get to find out how to deal with the problem. She was x-rayed for ectopic ureter and was cleared. It shorten the story, she has been prescribed Propalin syrup. This has cleared up the problem, thank goodness, but I would like to know if any one has had experience with their dog being on Propalin long term, or have taken their dog off the medication and having them "cured"

I have read it can make dogs restless and sometimes aggressive. She has not become aggressive in any way but I think she may be more restless.

She is such a young dog I do worry about her being on any medication for the rest of her life.

No probs here! It was very helpful for us for about 3 years. A few years later out of the blue I asked hubby if he was still giving to her he said no we don't need it anymore and it was true.

At 11 months being restless is to be expected:)

Good luck sweet girl. I am glad that you found something that helped!!

Have given it to two of my spayed bitches over the years, on and off.

One had no effects whatsoever that were visible. I did keep reducing the dosage until I felt it was just holding her, and kept it at that.

The other got quite anxious and nervy on it at full dose - I took her off and she had no wetting for a couple of years, but she is back on it now (13 years old Border Terrier), but at a quite reduced dosage about 4 times a week. And she doesn't seem to be showing any of the earlier nervy/anxious behaviour.

We board a number of dogs on it with no issues at all.

Most have learnt to decrease the dose or use alternative days & found a happy medium but given there isn't alot of other choices it is a good product sone of the others did affect the dogs worse