Dog Lovers Show

tlc

Hi Clover, I'm so sorry that you thought our people on our Jack Russell stand were rude. Did you actually come up and say hello to anyone there, I do know that we were busy talking to people. My mum and another member were there and were run off their feet, I arrived just after 11am with my dogs, and the people who came up to us and wanted to talk about their babies and asking really great questions was amazing. On Saturday we had two other members man our stand and they were exhausted at the end of their day, they had 5 dogs there, 2 adults and 3 puppies, needless to say they were very busy, in fact we ran out of fact sheets and had to get more for Sunday.

On Sunday my mum and my aunt manned the stand with the two members from Saturday again they were very busy. At the end of the day, with the amount of people that we saw and talked too, it would have been very hard to pick out just one face to talk too.

Look forward to seeing you at the next event and hopefully we will be able to give you the attention you sought.

Edited by ChEeKy_AnGeL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clover

That's it cheeky angel there was hardly anyone upstairs, maybe 10 or so general public at other stands and that was it. We stood right in front and were discussing the dogs in the photo ( one looked very much like our rough coat) but not even a look up from their conversation. We didn't want attention but a hello would have been nice. I just worry if we had of been people that had no idea about going to a proper breeder and stuff that most Jo public would just go off to a back yarder or pet shop. People are there to promote their breed and the right way about finding a dog, if they are not going to put in the effort let someone else do it.

Hi Clover, I'm so sorry that you thought our people on our Jack Russell stand were rude. Did you actually come up and say hello to anyone there, I do know that we were busy talking to people. My mum and another member were there and were run off their feet, I arrived just after 11am with my dogs, and the people who came up to us and wanted to talk about their babies and asking really great questions was amazing. On Saturday we had two other members man our stand and they were exhausted at the end of their day, they had 5 dogs there, 2 adults and 3 puppies, needless to say they were very busy, in fact we ran out of fact sheets and had to get more for Sunday.

On Sunday my mum and my aunt manned the stand with the two members from Saturday again they were very busy. At the end of the day, with the amount of people that we saw and talked too, it would have been very hard to pick out just one face to talk too.

Look forward to seeing you at the next event and hopefully we will be able to give you the attention you sought.

Good on you & your mum & aunt & others for volunteering for a long stretch in bringing the JR's to the general public. From your civil post, I'd be guessing you'd be the last person to be rude. And it goes two ways .... anyone wanting to connect, rather than just look, undisturbed, can say 'Excuse me' & 'Hello', too.

Edited by mita

I wonder what time you got there Clover, it took time to set up the stand and sort out the flyers. Reading your other posts Clover it would seem that you weren't really that happy about actually going.

Thank you Mita for your reply. Totally agree, it is a two way street, we can't know that you may want to just look at the pictures or actually want to talk to us. Two of the ladies who helped out on the stand were actually sick with bronchitis, but yet they were happy to man the stand for our lovely breed.

To Steph M - what freebie bag did the girl have?? Was it from the Jack Russell stand? Cause on Friday there were no "bags" there. The two women who were there in the early part of the morning before I got there were very attentive to people from what I could see when I arrived. If they didn't want to be there they would not have volunteered their time.

Out of the people we saw and attended to over the three days, it seems Clover that you were the only one upset by our Club.

Guest Clover

Got there around about 1ish and was upstairs about 1.30pm. I was more than happy to be there, just was not expecting much :laugh:. Were you running the stand on Friday CA?

Hope my lot weren't too badly behaved in the public eye!!

I was manning the SCWT stand :)

The lady I spoke to on the Saturday was very lovely and her two dogs were just goregous. Even my bf who had never even heard of the breed comemnted on what good dogs they were :thumbsup:

Guest Clover

Nope me neither AnimalMad, they looked very well behaved. Yep Clover I was there around 11am on Friday, with my mum and a member of our JRTC.

Such a shame no one could stop their chatting and laughing for a moment to see if we needed any breed info :). I hope no general public came along and got the same.