Oscar's Law

Sares

I support Oscars Law and all it stands for.

I'm against animal cruelty in all forms and that includes the horror of puppy farms.

I have a big arse Oscars Law sticker on my car and get many people asking me about it. Can only be a good thing for awareness as far as I'm concerned.

You said you support them !!!!!. Well that means you are against all the States Controlling Bodies that have legally Registered

Pure Bred Breeders because Oscars Law does not differentiate between them and Puppy Farmers.

You can't support both.

You can't know who it differentiates between because there is no law and no draft.

You may have seen a supporter spout off about all breeders but ask OL themselves.

Yes it does!!!!!! She being D. T. and she refused to change the wording.

It was I believe posted on this forum when OL first reared it's ugly head.

If it was not this this forum sorry I can't remember where it was, but I read it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't registered breeders follow the same laws as other breeders?

You have to be kidding......We the registered Pure Bred Breeders are so over regulated with rules and regulations and codes of ethics we can hardly move.

We the pure bred breeders are the ones that are locatable by being registered.

Go and see if you can find a list of puppy farmers.

Have you read the recent proposed changes to the codes? It will wipe out most small breeders and provide a legitimate business and lots of profit for PFs. What they should be doing is push for existing laws to be enforced to clean up PFs instead of throwing out good breeders in the new laws. Hobby breeders don't want their dogs living in kennels, PFs don't care. So making all dog breeders build kennels so PFs are policed will stop small breeders who can't and won't put their pets in kennels.

It's OK oakaway, it might sound scary but there is no law so whatever was said is just...ideas.... if you can find the wording somewhere I'd be very interested to read it.

Look more closely at the NSW Companion Animal Taskforce, that's something to be taken very seriously if you're a breeder.

Does that include allegedly mowing someone down with their car after breaking and entering a property to trespass?

Allegedly ?

Who mowed down who ? Where did this allegedly happen ? any facts or links to share ?

Or is this another Facebook claim ?

Have you read the recent proposed changes to the codes? It will wipe out most small breeders and provide a legitimate business and lots of profit for PFs. What they should be doing is push for existing laws to be enforced to clean up PFs instead of throwing out good breeders in the new laws. Hobby breeders don't want their dogs living in kennels, PFs don't care. So making all dog breeders build kennels so PFs are policed will stop small breeders who can't and won't put their pets in kennels.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's OK oakaway, it might sound scary but there is no law so whatever was said is just...ideas.... if you can find the wording somewhere I'd be very interested to read it.

Look more closely at the NSW Companion Animal Taskforce, that's something to be taken very seriously if you're a breeder.

I "really" have tried to find it but goes back such a long way.

Yes all respectable ethical registered breeders are doing our best to fight the Animal Task Force.

Does that include allegedly mowing someone down with their car after breaking and entering a property to trespass?

Allegedly ?

Who mowed down who ? Where did this allegedly happen ? any facts or links to share ?

Pretty easy to google it. Took me three seconds to find it in The Age.

You have to be kidding......We the registered Pure Bred Breeders are so over regulated with rules and regulations and codes of ethics we can hardly move.

so you are exempt from the law?

I'm not saying we need more regulation. In Victoria, the policing of the laws for registered breeders and they haven't done a particularly good job.

I'm saying that the laws apply to everyone. That applies to all laws and all people. No kidding.

Allegedly ?

Would've taken three seconds to add it to your post.

are you serius?

nobody I know of with unregistered, purebred or otherwise, dogs cares a fig about DA's, vaccinating or microchipping before selling, or not handing over a puppy before its 8 weeks. I have had people phone me to get their new puppy chipped, purchased from some word of mouth or gumtree add, some as young as 5 and 6 weeks old when they picked it up so obviously not vaccinated yet.

only last month I met a chap and his mate who had bought two 6 to 7 week old unvaccinated unmicrochipped pit bull pups. they chose their puppies from a litter of 10.

since in this state you arent even supoosed to have an entire pit bull. What? pray tell laws that breeder was following :confused:

Edited by inez

Allegedly ?

Would've taken three seconds to add it to your post.

and in that time you could have found it yourself. I dont know about your phone but I cant link from mine. Sorry about that.

so you are exempt from the law?

I'm not saying we need more regulation. In Victoria, the policing of the laws for registered breeders and they haven't done a particularly good job.

I'm saying that the laws apply to everyone. That applies to all laws and all people. No kidding.

They do apply to everybody and we are the first to cop the chop because we are regulated and governed by Rules and regulations and can be found. See if you can find the puppy farmers who have no rules regulations and codes of ethics like we are bound by.

As to policing it that is up to the powers that be not me or you. Also the local/state police forces have problems enforcing the law when peoples lives are concerned. Their is good and bad everywhere but don't lump the good in with the bad.

So much talk .... & so many proposed codes and laws.... but nothing about starting from the point of what dogs need, if they are to be bred, raised and kept as companion dogs.

Presently it's like planning a health-care system or building a hospital without any knowledge or consideration about patient needs.

There's even good evidence to base any system of breeding/raising dogs on. Those pet buyers who are already aware of that evidence have a checklist in their head when they go to buy a puppy. (And CHOICE, the Australian Consumers' Association, has twigged to that.... on their page about buying a puppy).

If the Oscar's Law folk took a proactive approach, their title would be Oscar's Needs, Meet Them!

Same for those wretched 'working parties' formulating the avalanche of laws, codes & regulations. Their starting document should be dogs' needs when bred & kept as companion dogs. Dog breeders would then have to demonstrate, via a checklist, how they've met those needs with the particular dogs they have.

Edited by mita

Guest Maeby Fünke

Sorry, I haven't read all the replies...

I don't know exactly what Oscar's Law is... It isn't clear to me at all.

Sorry, I haven't read all the replies...

I don't know exactly what Oscar's Law is... It isn't clear to me at all.

And when asked, no one can ever explain it - not even the loudest supporters!

It's to something something puppy farms something something.

OL = Animal lib

I will never knowingly support a group that believe they have the right to illegally enter a persons property, damage property, lie, steal or 'fabricate evidence' for the good of a cause.