Iggy Rescue Take A Bow.

Its nice to see RSPCA working with rescue and acknowledging the benefits that it can bring. Great work as usual Iggy Rescue :thumbsup:

Like many of our residents, Cyclone was surrendered to us as his previous owners were moving and due to unforeseen circumstances could not take him with them. All his notes from his previous owners stated that he was a well balanced dog and other than not liking his nails clipped - he was generally a happy-chappy. After a number of days at the Yagoona shelter it was clear that Cyclone was not coping with his new surrounds (which was to be expected for breeds such as Italian Greyhounds, they are quite a sensitive breed).

Cue Tara Deevy, Senior Manager of Animal Care Services (South) who sprung into action and contacted Iggy Rescue (Iggy is an affectionate term for Italian Greyhounds) a breed rescue group who were more than happy to take little Cyclone into their care. Iggy’s Rescue found a foster carer for Cyclone and we organised a premise inspection and drop off of Cyclone the very same day. Huzzah!

As you can see from the images, Iggy Rescue happily reports that Cyclone (now called Cosmo) settled in very quickly to his new foster carer’s home and is now patiently awaiting adoption. We can't thank enough the brilliant advice, support and kindness shown to Cosmo and ourselves by the amazing folks at Iggy Rescue. Thank you guys and good luck Cosmo :) http://www.iggyrescue.com.au/on-trial-in-their-new-homes.html

Thanks guys!

He was a beautiful boy, he was with me for a few temp days when his foster carer had to rush off somewhere for family reasons and his new owner picked him up from here - having driven all the way down from Byron Bay.

He's blossoming in that beautiful area and lives with another male Iggy of the same age. Everybody's happy and Iggy Rescue is very happy that the RSPCA called us rather than euth him because he simply couldn't pass their tests - Iggies never can.

Edited by dogmad

Ams has previously taken in pei from the RSPCA up here, including ill ones. I think it is about the local relationships and people willing to work on them rather than the organisation, which I think has some concerning ways of doing things.

Ams has previously taken in pei from the RSPCA up here, including ill ones. I think it is about the local relationships and people willing to work on them rather than the organisation, which I think has some concerning ways of doing things.

I don't want to take the thread off track, but Little Gifts has brought up a point, the importance of which, is hard to over-emphasise: that is the importance of people forming relationships and bypassing the divisive animosities and "divide and rule" policies that sometimes exist at the top of any organisation.