Love That Tail!

Bindo

This is NOT a pro or anti-docking thread, so please don't turn it into one.

I'm just interested in what the tails are looking like in previously docked dogs? My new rescue Missy (mini schnauzer) has the most beautifully shaped tail, and it never stops wagging. Everyone who meets her comments on what a lovely tail she has; it looks like a plume on a hat! My other mini, Lucy's, is shorter and a different shape.

Clipped1_zps07b5bcd2.jpg

Missy_creek.jpg

This is what the breed standard says: Undocked: Set on and carried high, of moderate length to give general balance to the dog. Thick at root and tapering towards the tip, as straight as possible, carried jauntily.

Not sure about the tapering towards the tip and straight, but she certainly fulfills the bolded bit! :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Oh sorry, previously docked dogs!

I just read the title and thought it was a chance to show off my Pug's double curl tail! :laugh:

Oh sorry, previously docked dogs!

I just read the title and thought it was a chance to show off my Pug's double curl tail! :laugh:

hahaaha, I was going to do the same MF, my show-offs were pointy-stuck-up-very-straight tails!

Oh that's OK guys, any interesting and gorgeous tails are more than welcome :)

Did someone ask for gorgeous? Try a Tibbie, whose curled tail is taller than his head. (click to enlarge)

post-3304-0-13100200-1367546415_thumb.jpeg

Cavalier tail! Would love to get a pic with his tail more up but it's constantly wagging.

14wun34.jpg

Wow CrazyCresties, must've taken you a while to get those burrs out! So many!

My Tentie has a curly wurly tail that goes to one side haha - the curlier it is the more excited he is - Tenties are a bit different in that they have a NBT gene - some of Kyzer's litter mates had natural bob tails

bird3.jpg

Edited by pie

I love the little white tip that Boxers (previously a docked breed) have on their tails. A fast-moving 'indicator' of happiness. :laugh:

Hopefully I can get these photos to work (apologies for the large size).

Bruno (red) and friend Dozer (brindle):

943309_10151487419824682_1280650534_n.jpg

Saying 'cheese' with relaxed tails:

943699_10151487439184682_1418135796_n.jpg