Price Of Whippets?

Then........ You have the type of Whippets mine are........

Visitors come into the house and they are jumped on - by one in particular - I have to send them to their bed do they don't embarrass me totally, then they sneak off and are all over them again before you know it. Turn you back and they are sitting on your visitors lap getting their belly scratched. It's do embarrassing!!!!!

I don't care if a paper is published, it was not a true representation of sighthounds and their temperment

Sounds good to me. I love the fact sighthounds do that so dont be embarrassed. Just dont invite non doggy people over.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oso that is exactly the temperament of the whippet we met a few weeks ago and it's also what we're after in a whippet, likes to learn is so important, we have a cat that visits us and OH tries to teach him about getting things out of boxes, he has a look and a sniff and looks at him as if you say 'you have to be kidding don't you!' LOL

Yep and fleeing a Vizsla this time. As you can see this is one "shy" dog :cool:

Is that THE Flick??? Wow! All grown up!

Yep, the very same. Dodger loves playing with her but she really only has eyes for Howie.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Thanks for the pricing information, that is about what I was thinking when it came to costs, was confused a little when I kept seeing all the cheaper versions though so thought I'd ask :)

Hey Shapeshifter,

I think location has a lot to do with price. Some country people in out of the way areas tend to keep their prices modest in comparison to city prices. Just my observation. Perhaps they are trying to encourage people to drive out to them without adding petrol costs. :)

We bought a lovely Whippet bitch on main Register for my mother in law 10 years ago for $350, I would expect to pay at least $800+ today for a Pet.

I hope to have a Whippet one day along with quite a few other breeds :o. :laugh:

19 years ago I bought a Long Hair Miniature Daschund for $500 from a breeder... Now I would expect to pay 3 times that much.

Edited by kiwigirl

Everyone should experience a Whippet or ten in their lives. They are so easy compared to lots of breeds

Only everyone that deserves one! Can't keep your temper? Don't want a dog inside? Can't train a dog that doesn't hang off your every word?

Pick another breed.

I agree! More photos! I really love whippets! Have dreams of a tracking, working trials, agility whippet star one day in my future :laugh:

Lots of frolicking whippets here.

Edited by Kirislin

I'm in love, the almost white whippet, I want one exactly the same :)

that's a fairly uncommon colour here, it's a cream whippet. I dont think I've ever seen a pedigree cream in Australia, they've all been non peds I've seen. It's beautiful though isn't it.

I agree! More photos! I really love whippets! Have dreams of a tracking, working trials, agility whippet star one day in my future :laugh:
Lots of frolicking whippets here.https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.420127038015490.103485.172335819461281&type=3

Those are fantastic!

Love this breed, my mother who describes herself as 100% not a dog person met some awhile ago. She now openly admits her utter love of whippets :laugh:

I hope to have a Whippet one day along with quite a few other breeds :o. :laugh:

19 years ago I bought a Long Hair Miniature Daschund for $500 from a breeder... Now I would expect to pay 3 times that much.

Nah you wanna greyhound, I know you do :D