Gnarla's Story

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her muscle tome is looking very nice chezal58... only a bit more weight to put on now, and she will be stunning in no time!

The babies are looking really chunky and BIG already... they look great... you've done a brilliant job there!

T.

Thank you everyone. Narla needs about another 10 kgs but its doubtful she will pu that on while she is feeding the puppies. The pups' eyes are beginning to open and they are more mobile every day. She is so good with the other small dogs in residence and so cuddly. I adore her!!

Congratulations on the wonderful job you have done. She is a beautiful girl who deserves to have a wonderful life from here on in. :flower:

I hope the 'things' who did this too her and her babies die a very slow and very painful death, really soon.......

Narla has adoption interest!! I put a snippet of her story up on facebook and a very kind and understanding lady has expressed an interest in adopting her when she is fully ready to leave. This one will break my heart to let go, but I am so pleased for her, to think she will have a permanent loving home at last. I will check it out pretty well though cause she's a bit of a favourite! :D

Narla has adoption interest!! I put a snippet of her story up on facebook and a very kind and understanding lady has expressed an interest in adopting her when she is fully ready to leave. This one will break my heart to let go, but I am so pleased for her, to think she will have a permanent loving home at last. I will check it out pretty well though cause she's a bit of a favourite! :D

That is really wonderful news, Chezal. Sad thing is that if we could get the coverage for all the pets in need, they would all become a bit of a favourite.

You have done something very very special for this little family.

If the lady turns out to be The One, she may need to be warned that Princess Narla has an extensive fan club. :)

Seriously, just wonderful for her to get the best of homes that she deserves.

Sad news tonight. Narla has one hardened booby. She will need another vet visit and probably more AB's. Hope its not mastitis after all she's been thru. :-(

The good news is though, that I have received word of a donation from the Advance Pet food rep in our part of the world to help Narla's nutrition and hopefully help with weight gain. Narla says thank you Lexi and Advance Pet Foods and all the other super kind people who have helped with donations and good wishes. We will stay positive and get her the help she needs. :)

Is she allowed to have a bath yet? Hard boobies aren't necessarily a problem unless they are hot and infected. If she's allowed a warm bath might help, otherwise a heat pack and some gentle massage if she'll let you. If it's just a blocked duct that moght help clear it, worth a try to help get it sorted before you can get her to the vet..

If it's mastitis, milk it... and get the pups to suckle from it until it clears the yucky stuff. We've had a few mummas get through it by emptying the boob as often as possible.

T.

Thats what you do with a dairy cow, strip that teat out as much as you can.However if it is mastitis it will very sore to touch.

Maybe dogs are different to cows? Cleanliness to prevent contamination also applies and antibiotics.

Is she allowed to have a bath yet? Hard boobies aren't necessarily a problem unless they are hot and infected. If she's allowed a warm bath might help, otherwise a heat pack and some gentle massage if she'll let you. If it's just a blocked duct that moght help clear it, worth a try to help get it sorted before you can get her to the vet..

She will have stitches out Wednesday and then will be able to have a bath if it wasn't so cold and I have to work during the day so it will be Thursday before I can give her one. She was a bit hot but not on that teat and it isn't sore as near as I can tell. I will get OH to check it out properly today re massage etc. Keep you posted....