Gnarla's Story

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Bazza's face... it's like he's saying, 'I do like this stuff called sunshine!' Narla & all her bubs look so well and so gorgeous. All the foster aunts & uncles seem to agree. :)

Guest Wildthing

The difference in Narla and her pups in the two weeks you have had them Cheryl is just amazing. Hats off to you and hubby for your outstanding care and devotion to the canine family.

Just love the photos. Look forward to updates and check daily to see how things are going.

I'm always crying after I come into this thread now. Narla's story and your efforts are just so heartwarming and at the foundation of what rescue is all about - not giving in when things get too tough. I just want to hug you guys and not let go!

Hi cheryl, do you have a nice warm dog rug yet? I have a 70cm here weatherbeeta showerproof fleece lines.

Thank you mixeduppup. She has two coats, one waterproof and a nice soft one from T. She is about 60 cms. The 70 we tried on her was too big. We have been using donated blankets and changing them often - for five pups they can sure make a lot of mess! They are on a heated bed but I do worry about the cold. Narla is locked in with them at night and although she doesn't spend a lot of time with them during the day she is at least there for the coldest bit.

All they puppies are doing really well. They are growing so fast now and being more mobile every day. Soon we will need to improve their arrangements so that they have a play area as well. More challenges to come. Narla is a bit clumsy and knocks down the sides of the pen fairly often so we need a rethink in that regard.

Cheryl... we got a load of precut boards from Bunnings and bracketed them together to make whelping/play areas for our mums and bubs - pretty cheap when you look at how useful they are. Mum can get in and out, but bubs are contained nicely.

T.

Thanks T - I need something like that but Bunnings is 100kms away - Have had no luck with hay bales either. Seems most people also get these from Wagga too!

Narla is doing very well and pups are beginning to show an interest in trying solid food.

post-34335-0-75623800-1369814590_thumb.jpg post-34335-0-12671500-1369815052_thumb.jpg

post-34335-0-47349200-1369815081_thumb.jpg