Gnarla's Story

Chezal58, I can get stuff from bunnings next week, what do you need and I'll see what I can do

I am not sure. It has been horrendous here during the recent rain event but its sunny now and we can reassess the needs of these guys. At present they are fenced off from the rest of the Garage by a flimsy pen fence and have a heated bed, but its wet and not ideal and I would like a low fence that extends across the front of the shed that Narla can jump over. That's why the hay bales would have been ideal but have had no luck sourcing them. Everyone had big round ones here. Not sure how to build something. I'm going to have a chance today to have a better look at it, and I'll let you know.

Thanks for your kind offer.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazza has the snuffles and doesn't want to suckle. He comes inside three times a day and is happy to eat mushy Advance wet food and formula from a plate - so I'm hoping he will get stronger. He is on AB's and anti-inflammatory meds to help him get through. We don;t know if he has been bitten by mum of had a fall but he just sounds like I do sometimes with Sinus issues! I think we can get him through with some extra TLC.

Bazza has the snuffles and doesn't want to suckle. He comes inside three times a day and is happy to eat mushy Advance wet food and formula from a plate - so I'm hoping he will get stronger. He is on AB's and anti-inflammatory meds to help him get through. We don;t know if he has been bitten by mum of had a fall but he just sounds like I do sometimes with Sinus issues! I think we can get him through with some extra TLC.

Aww poor Bazza. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. :crossfingers:

Chezal58 It is Damian here from Leeton. I can try Broso's or go to bunnings. I also have roofing tin here and can get access to other building material How long and high does it have to be ?

Good on you Damian, very kind offer!

Hope Bazza is okay. I love the names you chose!

Chezal58 It is Damian here from Leeton. I can try Broso's or go to bunnings. I also have roofing tin here and can get access to other building material How long and high does it have to be ?

Hi Damian. I have some shelving here that I will try first. Then If I need something else I'll be in touch. Thank you.

Thank you for everything you've done for this precious little family Cheryl :heart:

I've added Narla to our Project 'Special Dogs' on our website http://www.littlelegsdogrescue.com.au/project-special-dogs.html

and we currently have a fundraiser going for this particular project here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.423678441081444.1073741847.125509400898351&type=1

If anyone is interested in bidding you're most welcome to join in :) If you have the winning bid you can nominate that your donation goes to Narla :heart: (and you get a gorgeous scarf! :D ) Jo xx

Thank you for everything you've done for this precious little family Cheryl :heart:

I've added Narla to our Project 'Special Dogs' on our website http://www.littlelegsdogrescue.com.au/project-special-dogs.html

and we currently have a fundraiser going for this particular project here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.423678441081444.1073741847.125509400898351&type=1

If anyone is interested in bidding you're most welcome to join in :) If you have the winning bid you can nominate that your donation goes to Narla :heart: (and you get a gorgeous scarf! :D ) Jo xx

Thank you Jo - that's very kind.

Sorry Chezal58, my car has just suffered some major damage from a kangaroo, can't help with transport of materials

Oh no = so sorry Damian. Just what you didn't need right now. I have managed to rig up a pen and we are Ok for now. Thank you for the offer and the for thinking of us.

I haven't updated for a while but that's because the pups are just growing along. One, Bazza, had a mishap recently which has left him very snuffly. He is on a anti-inflammatory and Ab's and I wish I could say he's getting better but he is not really doing as well as the others. I will get him back to the vet in the next couple of days if there is not improvement. I have managed to improve the pen situation and the pups seem happy in their environment. Narla is doing very well and still has a wonderful temperament.

Trooper and Brock

post-34335-0-89871600-1370428250_thumb.jpg

Thank you every one for your good thoughts for Bazza. Today the vet told me that he could have some congenital abnormality that has only now surfaced. He tells me that he could anesthetize him and do xrays, and endoscopy, tests etc and that would cost $350 + and, if it confirms this diagnosis then he may have to be euthanized anyway, OR he can euthanize now. - I was horrified and refused to make that decision right away, so I brought Bazza home, and will continue to hand feed and monitor him in the days to come. I really hope I do not have to make any tough decisions for this little guy after all he has been through. I really thought he had had a bump to the nose and the medication would see him right in a few days! post-34335-0-75911500-1370507519_thumb.jpgBAZZA

What exactly are Bazza's symptoms Cheryl?

Does he still have a good appetite and decent energy levels?

What are you feeding him and how (bottle, or semi-solids from a bowl/plate)?

Vets can be wrong...

T.