Gnarla's Story

All great suggestions. She is lying on a heated pet bed - the largest one - so its a foam mattress with a lambswool topper and its on a tarp on the floor with blankets on top of that - I think I just need the hay bales to help her stay on the pet bed. Thank you.

I would still leave space for her to get off the heated bed, you don't want her to cook.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheryl, I don't often post but always read the threads in the rescue section. I think you are doing a wonderful selfless thing for Gnarla and her puppies. I have made a donation into your account to help with your vet bills. It isn't much but hope it helps. Actually, everyone who has commented in this thread has to be commended for all their suggestions and offers of help. You are all wonderful people:)

Thank you anngirl. Your donation will help with special food and vet consults for Gnarla and the pups. I agree with you about the wonderful people and all the help they have given me on this thread. I cannot thank them enough.

Thursday's update. Gnarla came out of the pen to me today and wagged her tail gently. She had a long pee and has eaten two full bowls of fresh food (with added calcium). She does seem more and more content each day and doesn;t even worry about my other dogs and rescue pups being nearby. She is an absolute gem and deserves a much better life. I have had my son here and can finally show you some better pics/

Thank you everyone for your wonderful donations, suggestions and kind words. I will continue to keep you updated as the days go on and the pups and Gnarla get stronger. Pups are ALL boys so will be looking for nice strong names for them soon as well and I know you will all have some great suggestions.

post-34335-0-38620900-1368697914_thumb.jpg post-34335-0-55047800-1368697930_thumb.jpg post-34335-0-29564900-1368697946_thumb.jpg post-34335-0-16852100-1368697964_thumb.jpg

Wonderful update Cheryl. :thumbsup:

How lovely to hear she gave a little wag of her tail. :)

I love the pics of her and her bubs. Especially the 2nd one where she is looking at the camera and the last one where she has her leg stretched out and is touching paws with one of her bubs. So sweet. :heart:

Thankyou for the update and the gorgeous pics. You & hubby are doing an incredible job. :thumbsup:

Little happy :cry: . Stories like this one keep me on DOL.

She looks a lovely lovely soft girl Chezal. You must be jumping up and down to see such an improvement. Well done you and your family and well done Gnarla for hanging in there.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you. It is lovely to see the day to day improvements.

What great news! Is it my imagination, the camera or what....... but she does seem to look better in the coat? :)

Well it could be the camera, but if her stitches come out tomorrow than it will be bath time provided the weather is good and she can begin to feel a whole lot better. I have noticed a slight improvement to the coverage over her bones though :whee:

Guest Wildthing

I have been reading this thread since it started and can only say what a wonderful job Cheryl and her hubby have done for the little family that have survived. My heart goes out to all of you - human and canine. Just wish I lived closer so I could help you with some of the physical work. Rescuing any species of animal has its rewards as well as its sadness. I have experienced both this week. My thoughts are with you and I look forward to reading the regular updates. Gnarla's food intake should now start improving as she has turned the corner post operatively. Have fought many a battle to save sick cats over the years, so know how hard it is and at times frustrating because they do not eat like you want them to. There is usually a light at the end of the tunnel that shines brighter each day. Just fantastic news today. Big hugs all round :grouphug:

What a vast improvement, she really does seem interested in her surroundings now, looks like you have turned the corner. :thumbsup:

So nice to see her on a soft bed.

Please keep us updated, its the first thread i check everyday.

I didn't know Dante was a strong name, but then Stormy has an Iggy called that and it has kinda coloured my judgement of that name ( biggest baby in the world). :laugh:

I have an Appollo, and he is one sound strong dog.

What a vast improvement, she really does seem interested in her surroundings now, looks like you have turned the corner. :thumbsup:

So nice to see her on a soft bed.

Please keep us updated, its the first thread i check everyday.

I didn't know Dante was a strong name, but then Stormy has an Iggy called that and it has kinda coloured my judgement of that name ( biggest baby in the world). :laugh:

I have an Appollo, and he is one sound strong dog.

Haven't you ever seen Dante's Peak :laugh: it's about a volcano erupting

I have a Warrior, and he most certainly isn't :D