Gnarla's Story

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this is fabulous news! Gnarla and the pups have lovely looking coats so obviously the nutrition is getting through. And I love that she is now able to recognise you and hubby are there to help her. She must've felt so sick and in pain for so long. You really have saved her and those pups lives. Big hugs to you for doing this! :angel:

Vet report today was very good. She weighs 29 kgs, She has not had her stitches out just yet as the vet wants to wait a little longer because of pups suckling. She has ample milk and all pups have a clean bill of health. So still can't give her a warm bath but that's ok - the weather isn't all that nice anyway. She is eating 4 times a day and really putting away the calories. She still prefers raw food over cooked but we are mixing it up a bit for her now. I am trying to persue the cruelty aspect but it may be hard to prove. She isn't chipped though so today she becomes officially RADAR's dog so we will chip her ASAP and hopefully when the painter is finished, we can improve her living conditions and give her some space to wander around. She seems to want to get outside a bit now, it's just this really crappy cold weather that is making things difficult all round.

Keep the name suggestions coming. I am looking forward to their eyes opening and being able to give them cuddles.

She seems to want to get outside a bit now, it's just this really crappy cold weather that is making things difficult all round.

Great news regarding the vet check and that you can register her in RADAR's name asap.

You'll have a coat soon. And of course, we will need (demand LOL) photos of that. With the weight she is now putting on, going outside won't be as difficult as it would have been in terms of her feeling the cold.

I want to lie down (even if it is by a haybale LOL) and give her a big big careful cuddle.

Edited by Danny's Darling

Another great update! :thumbsup:

My name suggestions include;

Harley

Pheonix

Brock

Zues

Chance

Or these names which are named after stars in the sky. :)

Leo

Orion

Atlas

Jih (pronounced Jye)

Kuma (pronounced Koo-ma)

I haven't been online for a couple of days. First thing.... was to check on the Gnarla posts.

When I saw the updated pics, I got a surprise.

Had someone put in her place a very pretty girl, with a sweet face & a nice coat. Where'd the emaciated Gnarla go... with the sad expression of a dog just holding on thro' pain & malnutrition?

There's a definite difference. And it's thanks to you & your husband. It's all up, for this lovely girl & her babies, from now on. :thumbsup:

How about some of these names?

Albie, Archer, Barclay, Brady, Cade/Kade, Clay, Cruz, Earl, Felix, Finn, Floyd, Homer, Hunter, Jacob, Jasper, Kalen, Kip, Linus, Oz, Puck, Quinn, Rafferty, Ripley, Rupert, Saxon, Virgil, Xander, Zac, Zane

T.

I'm so happy that Gnarla has made good progress and the pups a doing well .You must have been so pleased when she greeted you with a tail wag.

Give Gnarla a big hug from me.

Names for pups.......Wilbur...Barney...Mosley...Dillon...Basil....Koda..Debo...Eddy...Toby...Bailey...Oscar.

Hi everyone, JJust a quick update on my beautiful girl. She is really doing great! She's an excellent mum and eating as if to make up for lost meals!! I am feeding her up to four times a day with biscuits on hand all the time. Today in our donations from Chris Tabbart we received a large 5 litre water dispenser, and I am looking forward to setting this up tomorrow. She drinks about 2.5 litres of water daily so this should help keep up the supply. I love all the name suggestions and will definitely keep some for future doggies in care, but I am leaning toward Ned, Bazza, Brock, Trooper and Koda. Of course it will depend on their personalities and that's a little way off yet. I thought you might like to see some more pics of pups, and Gnarla with my dog, Jezzi and my foster dog, Rocco waiting patiently for breakfast this morning. I would love the time to lay down and cuddle with them all but am still working 24/7 until tomorrow night. Then I might get the chance to spend a little more time with my little family.

post-34335-0-00777200-1368873855_thumb.jpg Hurry up with brekky mum! (excuse the fencing but we have the painter in and he leaves the gate open)

post-34335-0-96533600-1368873906_thumb.jpgGnarla and Rocco - she looks small here but isn't really!

post-34335-0-57304200-1368873931_thumb.jpg The babies!

Edited by chezal58