Jack Russell Boy Needs A New Home...

Just wanting to know how these two boys are doing in their new homes/foster care?

Rascalmyshadow - how is little Bobbie going with you now? I hope he has settled in really well with your other furkids and is enjoying life to its fullest!

And JRT Rescue - how is Macca doing in foster care? Has he been advertised as available for adoption yet?

Any new photos of either of these boys available????

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I better give everyone an update, sadly Bobbi was in much worse condition than we thought and he was PTS peacefully in my arms. His heart was very bad and as soon as he would do any form of exercise he was having seizures, that included just playing at home with the other dogs. The vets think he probably hadn't done any running around in some time so the seizures and heart wouldn't have been as noticeable, unfortunately his condition was too far along for treatment.

I am angry and disgusted at his owners, how could they have left him in such a state and not even get vet care, then throw him away like he was nothing.

His last two weeks was spent in comfort sleeping in our bed, having good meals and plenty of cuddles.

I have felt quite down about the whole situation and will no longer be rescuing (at least not for some time).

Thankyou again iggy mum for helping both dogs, neither deserved to be where they were. I'm just sorry I haven't got a better outcome.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

I want to thank you Rascalmyshadow for taking the time to find out about Bobbie's health and especially for doing the right thing for him, regardless of how we feel ourselves. It's such a hard decision to make and as much as I wish it hadn't happened, I know that it was the kindest thing for him. I want to hug you for making his last couple of weeks a happy time and I'm sure at long last he knew he was cared for and loved.

I feel so bad that I have put you through this, I was certainly hoping Bobbie would've been well enough to give you a lot longer time with him. My wish is that you don't let his passing stop you from taking in some more needies in the future as you have a wonderful home, an extremely kind heart, and it would be a real shame if you stopped this altogether. Again, I'm so terribly sorry to have been the instigator to your current pain but as you know, in rescue unfortunately this happens too often. My heart goes out to you.

:hug:

:thanks:

very sad news, poor little guy - this is the worst of it in rescue, the dog finally has a chance at a happy life when he/she has suffered for so long and it's too late.

those are the real rescue heartbreaks, hugs to you and thank you for doing everything you could and making his last weeks happy. :cry:

:cry::cry: Devastated to learn that little Bobbie's good life was so short. Deepest condolences to you and your family, Rascal. Such a hard decision for you to have had to made when all you wanted to do was to give this darling little dog a better life.

It is shattering when this sort of things happens and you do need to give yourself some time to heal your hurting heart.

Iggymum, don't give yourself a hard time, either. Anyone in rescue knows the odds are that tragedy will strike at some time and it is bloody terrible when it does. I am sure that all Rascal feels towards you is gratitude that between the two of you Bobbie's last weeks were earthly heaven before he crossed the bridge.

Rest well, dear little dog. :heart::heart:

Thank you Rascal for giving that dear dog such a lovely fortnight.

I am sorry that there isn't a happier ending for you but you have done such a kind hearted deed for Bobbie at the end of his life. It must have been a very hard few days for you. :cry:

Be kind to yourself.

I'm so sorry to read about little Bobbies passing and the heartbreak it's brought to his saviours. You rescue because you love animals but it leaves you open to such hurt sometimes. Thankyou Iggy Mum and Rascalmyshadow (and family) for all you did for this little boy, I'm sorry it's left such wounds on your hearts.

Sorry I haven't been back here sooner it has been hard to come to terms with especially since I lost my 14 year old cat the day Bobbie arrived.

Iggy mum please don't feel bad for bringing him to me, I feel better knowing he was given his wings in my arms rather than being left to deteriorate in the cold filthy conditions he was living in.

Thank you every one for so much support, my family and I revolve our entire lives around our dogs (and our other animals) we do what we feel is best for them even if it means sometimes letting go.

:angel: Bless all who helped these dogs. RascalmyShadow so sorry to hear of the passing of your cat as well as that of Bobbie. You have a big heart taking on an oldie,who left this world feeling loved and special.

To bring some good news, Macca is doing well, attending obedience school now and enjoying his new life with my carer, will now start to advertise him to find him a good home.

It is very sad to hear about the other one, but at least he had two weeks where he knew love and good care.