Jack Russell Boy Needs A New Home...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the other little black and white fellow has found rescue but am still looking for a save for the JRT boy. I now have his microchip certificate and receipts for his last vaccination. I don't have anything to state he has been neutered but the current owner states that he is. I will confirm with the local vet today.

Please, if anyone can help this poor boy it would be greatly appreciated.

ETA spelling

post-33027-0-03403700-1368993254_thumb.jpg

Edited by iggy mum

Have you contacted Jill from JRT Rescue? This little man is used to sharing with another dog, so the inference is that he should be OK with others - much easier to rehome when they are nicely social.

T.

Yep, Jill is pretty much full up and has a lot on her plate at the moment. She may take him as a last resort but it would be preferable to give her a break and find an alternative for the little fellow if possible.

Iggymum do you know if the jack is cat safe.

There are currently two cats living at the house so I imagine that he would be okay with them. I asked if there were any issues with them and the owners dad said that they all ate out of the same bowl at times so if he isn't cat friendly I would think that he is at least cat tolerant.

Guest Wildthing

Given the conditions the dogs are housed in, I wonder how well the cats are cared for and if they should be found an alternative place as well!

Given the conditions the dogs are housed in, I wonder how well the cats are cared for and if they should be found an alternative place as well!

I've been wondering the same thing myself. But I do believe the cats are at least allowed in the house. Maybe after the dogs have found new homes I may be able to work on them next.

It seems the other little black and white fellow has found rescue but am still looking for a save for the JRT boy. I now have his microchip certificate and receipts for his last vaccination. I don't have anything to state he has been neutered but the current owner states that he is. I will confirm with the local vet today.

Please, if anyone can help this poor boy it would be greatly appreciated.

ETA spelling

I have just confirmed with the local vet that the JRT boy was neutered on 21/7/2010 and his last vaccination was in August 2011.

Guest Wildthing

If you feel there is a need to get the cats out in the future, please let me know and I may be able to help. However, I am in Canberra, so transport would need to be organised - not impossible I know!

If you feel there is a need to get the cats out in the future, please let me know and I may be able to help. However, I am in Canberra, so transport would need to be organised - not impossible I know!

Thanks Wildthing, good to know. Will certainly keep in touch if it looks like the cats need rehoming too.

Guest Wildthing

Next on the list are the cats! Well done iggy mum and thank you to the rescuers who have stepped up to take the dog.

this thread reminds me to remember some of the great things that come about through DOL :thumbsup: Well done to all of you who've been involved in the rescue of these dogs, and a special cheer to Iggy Mum for taking the initiative in the first place. :cheer::cheers::clap:

Update

Macca, the JRT is going to a JRT Rescue foster carer in NE Victoria tomorrow afternoon.

Bobbie, the Papillon mix is going to a rescue on the Mornington Peninsula on Friday afternoon.

They will be off to a much better life before the weekend!!!