Jack Russell Boy Needs A New Home...

Oh WOW Rascalmyshadow, :worship:

He looks sooooo clean and white instead of grey. I'll bet he smells a whole lot better too :laugh:

Again, thanks for taking him in, I know you'll find the best home for him to live out his days.

:happydance2::happydance::hug::thanks:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bobbi went very well slept on the bed most of the night then hopped down into one of the dog beds on the floor. He ate dinner fine and this morning had a good breakfast. He hasn't let me out of his sight and had a little cry when I was grooming a customers dog this morning because he could see me but could reach me.

I wonder what Macca thought when he was put into that lovely big backyard.

For a while he was just happy sniffing around and eating grass. But after a while all he wanted to do was to get out and play with the other dogs. :laugh:

What a wonderful wonderful outcome for these little boys. Makes me :cry: with happy tears.

Poor little Bobbie .... just so sad to think of the loneliness and lack of loving care they both suffered.

All over now and nothing but lots of love and all the good things every dog should have from now on.

Congratulations in bucket loads due Iggy Mum for getting onto their cases with such determination and to their new foster families. Iggy Mum, may St Francis intercede on your behalf and get that foot of yours ready to kick more butt for more needy creatures :laugh:

What a wonderful wonderful outcome for these little boys. Makes me :cry: with happy tears.

Poor little Bobbie .... just so sad to think of the loneliness and lack of loving care they both suffered.

All over now and nothing but lots of love and all the good things every dog should have from now on.

Congratulations in bucket loads due Iggy Mum for getting onto their cases with such determination and to their new foster families. Iggy Mum, may St Francis intercede on your behalf and get that foot of yours ready to kick more butt for more needy creatures :laugh:

Thanks DD, I need all the help I can get, in more ways than one! :rofl:

Oh no, nothing was mentioned to me by the previous owners regarding that! But I guess they wouldn't have even noticed if he did have a seizure as they spent so little time with him. And my guess is that if they did notice him having one, they probably didn't know what it was and ignored it. Hopefully it's only mild and he won't need meds yet, ie if he is diagnosed with epilepsy. Both my iggies are epileptic and each of them have regular mild seizures around once a month. I'm keeping a record of their attacks and will see the vet if they increase in frequency or get worse. Fingers crossed all goes well for him. Other than that, how is he settling in?

ETA - I will see if I can find out if there is any known history of epilepsy with him from previous owner and the local vet.

Edited by iggy mum

Thanks iggy mum strange isn't it after we were discussing epilepsy in dogs when you dropped him off. It wasn't a bad seizure nothing like my old poodle used to get but he lost coordination, stiff back and legs, slightly twisted neck and completely glazed eyes. Only lasted a minute or two then he was back to normal

Bobbie has been to the vets they have estimated his age to be 12 - 13 which is what I thought. He has a grade 4 heart murmur and the vets at this stage think he has had a seizure, now one if his eyes looks slightly smaller than the other. He also has quite a bit of scarring on on eye from a past injury.

Another update on Bobbie, looks like he might be an epileptic, we all went for a walk this morning and partway he had a minor seizure, off to the vet tomorrow for a good check up

I know you have been to the vet with Bobbie, but don't be too worried about this. Lots of dogs seem to take little seizures - three of mine do from time to time. When they happen, I just hold them very securely talk calmly to them and when I sense they are ready, I put them on the floor, they give themselves a shake and then off they go, as you say, as if nothing had happened.

Danny's little fits are the worst, but even they don't last very long. None of them has ever lost control of their bowels, or drooled/frothed at the mouth. I used to keep track of Danny's in terms of when, time, length, but they have become so infrequent I can't remember the last one.

Hopefully little Bobbie will be easily managed - he must have a pretty strong constitution to have reached old age with nothing major considering the neglect.

So sorry to hear this Rascalmyshadow. Poor little man, he's been through so much. Will you still be able to keep him for rehoming? If not, I'm happy to take him back, to me that is, not to his previous owners.

Also, had a phone call from Maccas foster carer this morning, he is doing really well and having a fabulous time playing chasey with the other dogs. Hope to get some photos soon.

Edited by iggy mum

Great to hear for Macca. We are happy to look after him my husband actually suggested he stay on here to live out his life.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Rascalmyshadow, that's the best news ever. Secretly I thought he looked like your kind of dog :) I am tickled pink that he is going to have such a wonderful home for the rest of his days!!!!! I think I'll do a happy dance or two!! :happydance::happydance2::whee::rock:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Lol he's a funny looking poodle. He's already attached himself to my husband and I much to two of my boys disgust. He has worked out how to open the baby gate if it doesnt latch and he sneaks in the laundry to steal the cat food, poor boy has no fat andminimal muscle. He is a bit of a grouchy old man, had a grumble at the vet but was quite happy for me to open his mouth and look in his ear.