Zig Isn't Well

Staffyluv

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$70 for the vet to tell me that he is fine now..

After going all over him, the vet founds what looks like a small 'bite mark/red spot' on the roof of his mouth - it appears he ate something he shouldn't have.. Well that is what we think anyway and it explains the bucket loads of drool I was cleaning up all night.

As for the tight tummy, well the vet said it is because he is a fit and healthy boy - that tightness is muscles apparently :o , his tummy gurgles sound perfectly normal - doG I hate being a worrier..

Poor boy, he is still feeling a bit sorry for himself but he perked up when a couple of pugs turned up at the vets.

Home now and he is sleeping on his bed here in the office.

Thanks for keep him in your thoughts.. :D

Glad to hear Ziggy is OK now.PHEW !! They are such a worry when you know there is obviously something not 'right'. Times like that you wish they could talk :D

Might have been a green ant or a bee or something like that. They all are very painful..

You did the right thing getting him checked. I'd been wondering if he had a blockage, is he pooing normally?

See that is what was worrying me - because his tummy felt really hard to me.

I haven't seen him poop since yesterday but he did go in and out quite a bit last night and when I followed him, he just ate grass.

So he could have but I can't find any in the yard since the poop patrol yesterday.

The vet said his tummy feels fine and it is making all the right noises - so I am convinced I am just a worrier when it comes to my dogs.

Our vet and I often joke about me adding to my shares up there or what his next extension will be :laugh:

Zig seems fine, a bit clingy but then he is a big sook.

Vehs, D's drooling could very well be bug bites in the mouth.

Zig is a bit of a dribbler if there are good food smells around but nothing like I saw last night - I should have taken a photo of it. Long strands of thick saliva with bubbles in it. :eek:

You did the right thing getting him checked. I'd been wondering if he had a blockage, is he pooing normally?

See that is what was worrying me - because his tummy felt really hard to me.

I haven't seen him poop since yesterday but he did go in and out quite a bit last night and when I followed him, he just ate grass.

So he could have but I can't find any in the yard since the poop patrol yesterday.

The vet said his tummy feels fine and it is making all the right noises - so I am convinced I am just a worrier when it comes to my dogs.

Our vet and I often joke about me adding to my shares up there or what his next extension will be :laugh:

Zig seems fine, a bit clingy but then he is a big sook.

Vehs, D's drooling could very well be bug bites in the mouth.

Zig is a bit of a dribbler if there are good food smells around but nothing like I saw last night - I should have taken a photo of it. Long strands of thick saliva with bubbles in it. :eek:

I dont think you were a worrier over nothing. You are observant, you know what's normal for your dog and you noticed he wasn't right. From your description he definitely wasn't well. Dribbling might have been from nausea. Anyway, hopefully his tummy has settled now and he'll be fine.

I'm paranoid with the hound - he is on intimate terms with our local 24 hour vet - particularly the vet nurses who work long weekends, late night shifts or even late night shifts on long weekends *L* Hoping Zig just has an upset tummy and all is OK - fingers crossed he can settle and you can get some sleep

I'd be paranoid too if my dog ate rocks :laugh: Crazy hound you have.

Glad Zig is fine. Diesel reacted similarly after a wasp sting. Emergency visit on a Sunday after hours!!! Dogs have the best timing.

I had to rush both my dogs to my vets last week sans bra or shoes, still wearing pyjamas that were covered in water and blood. I had to transport the dogs in 2 separate trips (had to even carry one heavy fur baby) and in my first trip the place was full of clients who obviously knew an emergency was coming in so there was nothing discrete about my arrival. Second time the place was empty thank goodness. $2300, lots of grey hair and my dignity, thank you very much.

Bloody hell LG - I hope they have recovered.

Zig is fine - still not eating but that is OK, he probably realises his tummy needs a rest.

I did offer a tidbit of chicken earlier but he didn't take it. He did take a little bit of green apple though.

I had to laugh at him earlier - he never sleeps on anyone other than me or my son. A girlfriend came over earlier and we sat on the lounge having coffee and he jumped up next to her, put his head on her lap and went to sleep..

I laughed because she is so NOT an animal person but I told her he has been unwell, so she let him stay there and he did for the whole time she was here..

Aaaawww ..... that is so sweet. Hope the boy is feeling better soon, and hope you can catch up on sleep tonight.

ET fix predictive text mistake :-).

Edited by Tassie