Stolen Dogs

Sail_Away

Just saw this on nine news yesterday (Adelaide)icon_smile_mad.gif

That is incredibly scary! To steal dogs out of yards is bad enough but to try and steal one from the owner's possession like that is gobsmacking :mad Owners were obviously very upset - what is happening out there with these dogs that are stolen? And why would they steal a husky - I didn't they would be considered "fighting" dogs :(

That is incredibly scary! To steal dogs out of yards is bad enough but to try and steal one from the owner's possession like that is gobsmacking :mad Owners were obviously very upset - what is happening out there with these dogs that are stolen? And why would they steal a husky - I didn't they would be considered "fighting" dogs :(

Huskis have a think coat protecting the skin, teaches young dogs to bite and hold better and as you ca see in the you tube clip their is a lot of movement with skin and coat, when a lock jaw dog latches they don't usually go for a better grip, A huski may be able to maneuver a counter attack (defense) this teaches the dog to be weary of where it's opponent is and adjust accordingly. Small dogs are used to provoke the fighting dog into an attack, pig and rabbits are also used but the small dog promotes the idea of attacking it's own kind. Not all of these dogs are eager just to attack another dog more often or not they are worked into it. BC, retrievers, labs, huskis and similar even staffys are the next step. A docile friendly dog teaching the fighter the defense of it's opponent and go go after dog bigger than it's self. These dogs are also some times mussled to prevent injury or fear in the fighting dog. GS, Rotties,ect usually mussled usually have a fearless reaction to aggression and a fight back reaction teaching the fighter not to back away.

Training a fighter dog may take months and require the use of possible 10 or more training opponents.

I saw a very very old documentary on it based out of china and mexico that was decades old but I assume they haven't adjusted too many of their techniques.

Huskis have a think coat protecting the skin, teaches young dogs to bite and hold better and as you ca see in the you tube clip their is a lot of movement with skin and coat, when a lock jaw dog latches they don't usually go for a better grip, A huski may be able to maneuver a counter attack (defense) this teaches the dog to be weary of where it's opponent is and adjust accordingly. Small dogs are used to provoke the fighting dog into an attack, pig and rabbits are also used but the small dog promotes the idea of attacking it's own kind. Not all of these dogs are eager just to attack another dog more often or not they are worked into it. BC, retrievers, labs, huskis and similar even staffys are the next step. A docile friendly dog teaching the fighter the defense of it's opponent and go go after dog bigger than it's self. These dogs are also some times mussled to prevent injury or fear in the fighting dog. GS, Rotties,ect usually mussled usually have a fearless reaction to aggression and a fight back reaction teaching the fighter not to back away.

Training a fighter dog may take months and require the use of possible 10 or more training opponents.

I saw a very very old documentary on it based out of china and mexico that was decades old but I assume they haven't adjusted too many of their techniques.

When someone uses the term, 'lock jaw dog' I know to ignore what they say.

I was about to come up with something similar, also regarding the other things Angeluca said but as you've already stated... Best ignore it.

I was about to come up with something similar, also regarding the other things Angeluca said but as you've already stated... Best ignore it.

Be ignorant I don't really care I was stating what I saw it a VERY OLD DOCUMENTARY back when the term LOCK jaw was used for bull breeds. I know there is no such thing. Just because you own the type of dog most use as fighters Doesn't mean other who don't own that particular breed, don't know what they are talking about.

Maybe it's your ignorance is why people (NOT MYSELF) think there is a type of owner that owns those breeds I think the term is Bogan?

Not to offend bull breed owners just an example of a ignorant statement. The 3 bull bred dog I know are owned by dignified Ladies.

Edited by Angeluca

Be ignorant I don't really care I was stating what I saw it a VERY OLD DOCUMENTARY back when the term LOCK jaw was used for bull breeds. I know there is no such thing. Just because you own the type of dog most use as fighters Doesn't mean other who don't own that particular breed, don't know what they are talking about.

Maybe it's your ignorance is why people (NOT MYSELF) think there is a type of owner that owns those breeds I think the term is Bogan?

Not to offend bull breed owners just an example of a ignorant statement. The 3 bull bred dog I know are owned by dignified Ladies.

I think what the poster was trying to say is not lock jaw but these dogs don't let go. I've read a number of times on this site where people carry a heavy stick to prise the jaws open of an attacking dog as they can't get the dog to release - these dogs have been bully breeds. We all know there is no such thing as "lock jaw" but bully breeds don't let go once attached- that is what I think the meaning of the term is.

Yes please do. It is starting to circulate around Facebook now.. it was first brought to my attention through my dog obedience club and also a group I'm apart of on FB for my particular dog breed. There are lots of people coming forward with similar experiences on this now - for example this is a post by someone (I don't know them) onto my dog obedience FB page: "Some people where approached on a Gold Coast beach by 2 guys posing as council workers - some thing - neon vests and clipboards - and wanted to impound their dog for being off lead. They were not from council but were collecting dogs. Disgusting."

This part is what got me...

About two weeks ago my husband and I were walking home from the train station (he walks up with the dog to collect me) and as we were about 6 hours from our house, we had Maui off lead..

There were two guys in a van sitting watching, as we approached one got out, claiming he was from the council (Wearing a vest and had a clipboard) and told us off for having Maui off lead.

He said he was going to all the houses in the area that had dogs to tell them the same thing... Now, I no of no council that would do this..

We thought it was a bit strange until I read this thread...

We are in the Western suburbs in Victoria too..

Yes please do. It is starting to circulate around Facebook now.. it was first brought to my attention through my dog obedience club and also a group I'm apart of on FB for my particular dog breed. There are lots of people coming forward with similar experiences on this now - for example this is a post by someone (I don't know them) onto my dog obedience FB page: "Some people where approached on a Gold Coast beach by 2 guys posing as council workers - some thing - neon vests and clipboards - and wanted to impound their dog for being off lead. They were not from council but were collecting dogs. Disgusting."

This part is what got me...

About two weeks ago my husband and I were walking home from the train station (he walks up with the dog to collect me) and as we were about 6 hours from our house, we had Maui off lead..

There were two guys in a van sitting watching, as we approached one got out, claiming he was from the council (Wearing a vest and had a clipboard) and told us off for having Maui off lead.

He said he was going to all the houses in the area that had dogs to tell them the same thing... Now, I no of no council that would do this..

We thought it was a bit strange until I read this thread...

We are in the Western suburbs in Victoria too..

Some months ago there were ads on Seek asking for people to apply to be trained as animal management officers since the new BSL laws were causing an increase in the need for more workers to be trained to identify restricted breeds.

Perhaps this is them, and they have nothing to do now except catch people committing minor infringements. :shrug:

I'm not saying that this is definitely the case in SA - that story sounds weird - however I did see the job vacancies advertised for Vic.