Farewell Mickey

Her Majesty Dogmad

You had just been rescued from the Pound when I first met you. You were obviously quite elderly, in an awful state and running amok causing chaos amongst other rescued doggies who all appeared to dislike you.

I picked your matted body up, stared into your gunky, dry eyes and in spite of your pain and discomfort, you gave me a kiss on the cheek. There and then I made a promise to you, that if no one adopted you I would come back for you. I was always asking after you and a year later I came back with my dogs - you loved them and vice versa so you came home at the end of 2009.

I'm only sorry it took me so long ... I'm not a fan of Maltese, you were my first. I had my preconceived notions about Maltese - I literally had no idea that you would bring me such joy. You loved to play chase - especially when I wanted to put your lead on, it made me laugh so much. You would run off with my slippers/shoes in your mouth as I'd be trying to get changed. You loved to throw a toy up in the air and made your own fun. You hated the car and barked your brains out however far we travelled.

You definitely didn't like groomers either ... over the years you bit several of them and we were told not to go back - you only had 3 or 4 teeth but believed in using them. I was also fair game if I thought I'd try and clean your eyes or give you a brush. I had to get you in the bath to do your eyes and only the groomer could groom you wearing a muzzle. Since my friend started grooming you, you had become much better for her and even stopped being muzzled.

In the last few months you'd been battling a bad heart, Cushings disease and dementia. As you were about 14 or so, not much could be done and when you suddenly had 3 massive seizures today, it was time. You were silent in the car on the way to the vets.

You went peacefully in my arms, eating liver treats. Miss you always my little Mickey Mouse. love Mum xx

post-4751-0-39178000-1369031879_thumb.jpg

Thankyou Dogmad for rescueing this gorgeous little boy who had obviously had a very difficult time prior to meeting you. It takes a special person to rescue a senior, not many can become Mum to one of these dogs, and on behalf of Mickey I want to say thankyou. He so obviously had the best few years possible, but I know he repaid your love for him every single day, and will go on doing so, even from the bridge.

Let the tears flow, and hopefully one day you can smile through them, as you remember the good times.

Di

Rest easy Mickey... What a character you were

So sorry for your loss Dogmad.

I know how much you love the oldies, what a privilege it would have been for you to spend Mickeys last years together surrounded by live.

Mickey was so lucky to have found you. You gave him love, kindness and compassion in the last few years of his life. No dog could want for more. I am so sorry that he has crossed the bridge.

RIP gorgeous angel :rainbowbridge:

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: What a great little fellow Mickey was! He is at peace now, and he went to the bridge knowing that he was loved and treasured. I am sure the years you gave him meant everything to him.

Thank you for giving him such a wonderful old age. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest easy Mickey! :rainbowbridge:

Edited by WendyH

My heart goes out to you Jane... Mickey was one lucky boy to have found you, and I'm sure he let you know it for his 4 amazing years with you.

There will be another bright little star in the heavens to shine down on us all.

Run free little man...

T.

So sorry Jane, another one who got to know the true meaning of love before he left us. :cry:

I don't know how you continue to take the ones no one else wants, you are a legend.

Take care, big hugs to a wonderful person.