Last Nights Moon

Alasse

My hubby bought me a new camera as a suprise, came with 4 lenses. So figured i'd give it a whirl on the moon. Rapt with the result, being as this was taken with me holding the camera (and being anything but still lol). The new camera is a Sony A58, and i absolutely love it!

Moon23rdMay2013.jpg

something hynotic about the moon isn't there. great photo. And what a good hubby! I hope he was rewarded accordingly :laugh: I did notice the moon down low in the sky last night as I went out to lock the chooks up.

My workmate, who knows i'm a photo nut, sent me a text and told me to get outside and take a pic lol Or i'd have been none the wiser. Tonight is the full moon though, so hopefully the sky will be clear so i can try again.

My hubby is a good guy, i feel somewhat spoilt lol, bought me a new car yesterday too lol So i'll be 'paying' for quite a while lol

The photo has been cropped....lenses included were: 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 (this is what the moon shot was taken with), 30mm F2.8 Macro, 50mm F1.8 & 18-55mm 3.5-5.6.

Glad you like the Sony Alasse. I'm a Nikon girl when I'm serious, but seeing I haven't done anything serious since we moved 18 months ago, I usually pick up the Sony A55. They do have handy features don't they, and really reliable.

A paddock fence was covered in tiny spider webs this morning, each just set in one ring of the chook wire - and some big ambitious ones trying to fill a square of the dog wire but not quite cutting it. No rain (I wish) but a touch of dew still on them. Didn't have a macro lens, just going to look at the ponies with a 24-55 on the little Sony, so was happy with these.

There were hundreds of small webs, all different (like snowflakes?)

_DSC8108A-M.jpg

But only a few silly enough to try the oversize wire:

_DSC8111A-M.jpg

Edit to add: Behind the lambs bopping around on the project vegetable garden (if it ever rains - they are kicking up dust) you can see the webs on the fence against the wheat silo.

_DSC8138A-M.jpg

Edited by PossumCorner

Im not a Nikon/Canon fancier at all. But its all personal choice :) The Sony suits me, i like the mirror tech in it. This new one is just packed with other goodies i havent had a chance to look at yet lol.

For the moon shot though i used manual settings, and just starting to tiptoe into those lol. I'm just chuffed at how clear it came out for not using a tripod and remote.

Any camera is capable of taking professional style pictures. I have seen some absolute stunners taken with Sony's....i wouldnt class them as entry level really.

I wouldnt hesitate to do professional photography with Sony equipment.

I have an a580 and love it. I want the a77 when I upgrade. The only reason I went a580 when I got mine the the slt so was so new and I was not keen on buying first generation of a while new system.

1 of the main dog show photographers down here has Sony and gets some stunning photos.

Before I upgrade to the a77, I want to get better glass. The sigma 70-200 f2.8 is currently top of the wish list and has been for a couple of years.

You lucky woman. Love hearing that kind of thing.

Been trying moon shots of my own, and no way have I even managed a shot like that. That will come with practise for me. :rofl:

I agree you don't need a camera with 100 buttons, and 1000 options to create a great photo. Have a look at some of these editing programs and what they can do, unbelievable. :)