Rip Beautiful Tess

GoldenGirl85

Yesterday was a very sad day as I had to give my gorgeous girl her wings :(

She came into my life when I was 16, she was to be my dog although I'm sure my patents thought the novelty would wear off and she would become a family dog, she was a Christmas present and I was ridiculed by many because the RSPCA had a recent campaign about how pets given as gifts end up in the pound.... Tessy was chosen by myself and I knew I was getting her, that was never going to happen

Tess was a typical JRT, she would go after anything that moved, she was what I liked to call a full on dog, she never did things by halves, she was either switched on and incredible or she was switched off and there was no compromise, but she was a gorgeous girl regardless of her mood

On Friday night we got home and my beautiful girl was foaming at the mouth, we raced her to the vet but even though they tried all night they were unable to stop her seizures, she was 11.5 years young :(

I miss her so badly, she was the boss of the house and has left a huge hole in the household

RIP miss Tessy, you'll always be my #1

This is an old photo, but it's still my favourite..... One of the few moments she was still for long enough to get a nice photo

de6abuju.jpg

Edited by GoldenGirl85

Ohhh

I am so sorry. You did give her peace from the seizures, and she was obviously happy in all her time with you :) she sounded a real little ' big dog' !

She truly was a 'big dog', all 5kg of her, in fact this is what I'm getting engraved on the plaque on her urn "you'll always be the 'big dog'

She taught me a lot of lessons, she taught me what an escape artist truly is, she taught me that there is no one way to train a dog, she was my mate when I had nobody, and when I met the man of my dreams she accepted him as though he'd been there from the beginning

Sleep well, Tess. GG, I know what you mean when you say she was a "big dog"- Jacks are special little dogs and fearless and my girl who went to the bridge last year was the most intelligent dog I have ever owned. It sounds like you gave her the very best life.

Thanks guys, I have been reading but feel that every time I reply to someone it's only pushing her further away :(

I still miss her daily, even her crazy barking whenever we got home, she had the worlds most annoying bark, but now when we get home there is just silence, and it's horrible :(